NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





CFD volume - where will it come from?


Discussion in Options

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one leo33 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two karoshiman with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Clearskys with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,968 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
leo33
PRESTON UK
 
Posts: 10 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

If CFDs are a contract with the broker and there's no central market aside from the clients and the broker. Is that likely to mean that the volume showing bar by bar [for a stock for example] is the volume traded WITHIN the brokerage [the sum total of trades between broker and clients] OR do they port in volume from futures or something??

Part of what I'm aiming for is to find out if a CFD account [DMA CFD with IB] would be suitable for learning the DOM. The aggregate feed from IB and it's suitablility for learning the DOM is I guess another question for another thread


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
karoshiman
Munich, Germany
 
Posts: 285 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 117



leo33 View Post
If CFDs are a contract with the broker and there's no central market aside from the clients and the broker. Is that likely to mean that the volume showing bar by bar [for a stock for example] is the volume traded WITHIN the brokerage [the sum total of trades between broker and clients] OR do they port in volume from futures or something??

Part of what I'm aiming for is to find out if a CFD account [DMA CFD with IB] would be suitable for learning the DOM. The aggregate feed from IB and it's suitablility for learning the DOM is I guess another question for another thread


It's "the volume traded WITHIN the brokerage [the sum total of trades between broker and clients]" as far as I know.

Hence, volume data for CFDs is not reliable.

In case of doubt, you can also ask your broker directly.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
leo33
PRESTON UK
 
Posts: 10 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

I contacted the Broker in this case IG Markets. I wasn't really expecting a straight answer, but #I think# I got one 'The volume indicates the amount traded on the exchange for the share. It is not transactions between IG and its clients' - they said.

I thought the answer would be something less simple.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
Clearskys
Angeles City Philippines
 
Posts: 1 since Feb 2019
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0


leo33 View Post
I contacted the Broker in this case IG Markets. I wasn't really expecting a straight answer, but #I think# I got one 'The volume indicates the amount traded on the exchange for the share. It is not transactions between IG and its clients' - they said.

I thought the answer would be something less simple.

I got the same response talking to IG:
"We offer trade volumes on CFD accounts in accordance with the volumes available in the underlying market
hence , the volume that appears on the trading platform is the actual of the underlying market"


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 5, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts