NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FIO Transparency and Facts

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 21 posts (105 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kbit with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sands with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kbit with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,527 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 37 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

FIO Transparency and Facts

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

steve2222 View Post
At Mike's request, cross posted from the other thread:

"And to compare that to ... what % of members are Elite? Do I recall you saying once before it was about 6,000 ie about 9% of members.

So, .... 9% of members contributed collectively 93% of the posts.

Sound about right???"

Elite Members currently make up 14% of the total user base, leaving 86% of members as non-Elite.

So 14% of people contribute 93% of the post content. Meaning that 86% of the members (non-Elite) only contribute 7% of the content. And I have to say, they also cause the overwhelming majority of trouble as for spam, vendor promotion, trolling, etc.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

Big Mike View Post
Elite Members currently make up 14% of the total user base, leaving 86% of members as non-Elite.

So 14% of people contribute 93% of the post content. Meaning that 86% of the members (non-Elite) only contribute 7% of the content. And I have to say, they also cause the overwhelming majority of trouble as for spam, vendor promotion, trolling, etc.

Mike

And, of course, I'm sure that a large percentage of the non-Elite members stay active for only a short time, and then wander off (or convert to Elite it they like the place. )

Putting in a paid-for Elite membership was a very good move. Committed people stay more, and stay active more.

Bob.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

bobwest View Post
And, of course, I'm sure that a large percentage of the non-Elite members stay active for only a short time, and then wander off (or convert to Elite it they like the place. )

Putting in a paid-for Elite membership was a very good move. Committed people stay more, and stay active more.

Bob.

The trading industry has a very high turnover rate. I don't have time to put together such a complex mysql query right now to statistically show the difference between Elite and non-Elite measured by how long they stay active on the site, but I'd say it's going to be a lot longer.

This is also because most people that join the site and don't become Elite Members are simply not interested in being here, and are turned off by the paywall fee and don't view it as good return. Which is exactly the point, it's working exactly as intended.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Big Mike View Post
The trading industry has a very high turnover rate. I don't have time to put together such a complex mysql query right now to statistically show the difference between Elite and non-Elite measured by how long they stay active on the site, but I'd say it's going to be a lot longer.

This is also because most people that join the site and don't become Elite Members are simply not interested in being here, and are turned off by the paywall fee and don't view it as good return. Which is exactly the point, it's working exactly as intended.

Mike

You do not need to waste your time with such studies. Some of us have been here long enough to see who is committed to help and/or study versus those who are temporarily fascinated with trading and then they move on.
Amazing that those who complained the most about brokers, feeds, platforms, and other things are nowhere to be seen. Further, the legacy they left behind is of no value.

On the other hand...Just as an FYI...some guys here have written such great posts that it really helped me shape Optimus into a better place. It made me understand the industry better from the trader's view.

Matt
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 choke35 
Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Other
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 5,101
Thanks Received: 6,558

Big Mike View Post
As of today, there are 505k posts on the site.

79% of these posts are contributed by Elite Members.
14% are from Market Wizards (which are Elite Members, but I broke this out separately).
7% of these posts are contributed by non-Elite Members.

It is important to note that this is determined by whether they are Elite right now. They could have been non-Elite at time of post, then later became Elite. If so, they are included in the Elite group number. Same for Market Wizard, it's as of right now.

I include my posts and @sam028's in with Elite.

So for all the post content you see on the site, 93% of it is courtesy Elite Members. Only 7% is non-Elite Members.

Mike

Big Mike View Post

Mike

I simply love market-based solutions that work.
All-in-all it's interesting how even moderate fees for a lifetime help to keep a place clean.
Thank you, @Big Mike.

Thanked by:

empty 
Louisville, Kentucky

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, TastyTrade
Broker: Various
Trading: Futures, Options
Thanks Given: 1,938
Thanks Received: 195

Big Mike View Post
And I have to say, they also cause the overwhelming majority of trouble as for spam, vendor promotion, trolling, etc.
Mike

It would be interesting to know on average how long an Elite member takes to become an Elite member. That might help you shape the product even more if these non-Elite members are a big cause of pain.

Empty

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Thread renamed from BMT to FIO

Mike

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,511
Thanks Received: 15,436

Big Mike View Post
Last thing I want to say -- some people are jealous of futures.io (formerly BMT)'s success, which causes them to respond negatively or say false things about futures.io (formerly BMT) or me.

That's a common psychological behavior from some people who see others being more successful than them. One defense mechanism is them try to put down the more successful counterpart as a means to deal with their own perceived lack of success.

It's a "Hey, if I can bring you down at my level - we're equal. If I can bring you even further down, then I'm superior" kind of attitude.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 10, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts