NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Account been approved! Going to have my first day of tradingthis week LA

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one budfox with 47 posts (10 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 13 posts (42 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheDude with 12 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 7.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 4.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 3.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,799 views
    2. thumb_up 281 thanks given
    3. group 34 followers
    1. forum 187 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Account been approved! Going to have my first day of tradingthis week LA

budfox 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra
Broker: MB
Trading: ES

DarkPoolTrading View Post
That is why I suggested you spend a few weeks watching naked charts live and noting your observations. If you think there is nothing worth noting by watching a naked chart,....then this exercise is even more important. Look for repeating behavior and really ask yourself what the market is trying to do as it moves. What are the next few minutes of market action going to look like? What is likely/probable?

Just my 2c. Others may disagree.

Ok I will do this......then post back what I think... but my prelimanary hypothesis is that price just hits resistance moves down and then finds support moves up.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Chrismind 
Houston, TX/USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Sierra Charts Data Feed
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 101

budfox View Post
lol I cant just read that thread, I am not an elite member.

You are joking right? I thought you were going to start following advice? It's been said many times that the Elite membership is the best, and maybe only money you should spent on trading education. You can afford to blow accounts, but can't afford something that will actually help you? No hope man. No hope.

Let me just add this.......90% of the best stuff that I've learned, have come from elite threads, and more importantly elite webinars. Take it or leave it.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

Part of me feels like this is a prank and another duplicate account of user "DetroitMoney" aka "PowerBroker", and one day he'll start making death threats and legal threats against me again.

I mean come on, I usually have a great deal of patience, but this is just unreal. I think it would be better for everyone on futures.io (formerly BMT) if this thread were just closed as a "bad example". I know people like to look at wrecks as they drive by, but in honesty this thread is a train wreck. The educational value has come and gone. Not just in this thread, but in all the prior threads the OP has started and then proceeded to ignore everyone's advice on.

At some point it is simply an embarrassment for this thread to continue.

I am the first to say that we all have to start somewhere, and I do my best to make futures.io (formerly BMT) an inviting place. But the evidence is overwhelming, some people simply cannot be helped. They have to just figure it out on their own and they really don't care about any advice they receive, unless it agrees with what they want to hear.

This is not an example of trying to terminate help to the OP. This is an example of a waste of time.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 budfox 
Toronto

Big Mike View Post
Part of me feels like this is a prank and another duplicate account of user "DetroitMoney" aka "PowerBroker", and one day he'll start making death threats and legal threats against me again.

I mean come on, I usually have a great deal of patience, but this is just unreal. I think it would be better for everyone on futures.io (formerly BMT) if this thread were just closed as a "bad example". I know people like to look at wrecks as they drive by, but in honesty this thread is a train wreck. The educational value has come and gone. Not just in this thread, but in all the prior threads the OP has started and then proceeded to ignore everyone's advice on.

I am the first to say that we all have to start somewhere, and I do my best to make futures.io (formerly BMT) an inviting place. But the evidence is overwhelming, some people simply cannot be helped. They have to just figure it out on their own and they really don't care about any advice they receive, unless it agrees with what they want to hear.

This is not an example of trying to terminate help to the OP. This is an example of a waste of time.

Mike

I have followed lots of advice (which is deemed good advice), even to watch a movie about a panda. One has to know where the advice is coming from.

But sorry, I can not afford to spend money on your membership. This is definitely not a prank, just thought I would inform you that I am not an elite member since you are suggesting I visit "elite member" threads (Thats all).

Thank You.

budfox 
Toronto

Big Mike View Post
threads the OP has started and then proceeded to ignore everyone's advice on.

Sorry, but I really wonder why you feel I dont follow advice given.

If everyone simply scrolls through this thread they would realize the truth is:

I was told to watch a movie about a panda.....I did.

told to trade forex.......now I am learning about the NZD/USD

told to take no more than 2 trades a day..........I dont trade more than twice a day

told to learn auction market theory.........in the process of doing that

told to go through naked charts..........in the processs of doing that.

Surely, one cannot blindly follow all advice given by strangers over the internet no?

So sorry Mike, but I don't agree with your allegation.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

budfox View Post
Sorry, but I really wonder why you feel I dont follow advice given.

If everyone simply scrolls through this thread they would realize the truth is:

I was told to watch a movie about a panda.....I did.

told to trade forex.......now I am learning about the NZD/USD

told to take no more than 2 trades a day..........I dont trade more than twice a day

told to learn auction market theory.........in the process of doing that

told to go through naked charts..........in the processs of doing that.

Surely, one cannot blindly follow all advice given by strangers over the internet no?

So sorry Mike, but I don't agree with your allegation.

I read your previous threads and previous posts. You didn't follow that advice. In this thread there are numerous examples of where you are given advice, but your response to said advice is basically a "hand me the answer" mentality.

Look, futures.io (formerly BMT) is a community for helping traders. But not everyone can be a trader. I know we all think that we are the exception to the rule, but fact is, most traders fail. And there are a variety of reasons. But I think the chances of you succeeding right now are incredibly slim. I look at the amount of hard work others put into this profession, and then I look at you, and like I said this thread is almost like a prank.

I am not blaming you, we each have our own way of learning. I think yours seems to be only through your own direct actions, which means threads like this are worthless because you really aren't listening to what people are saying. You are going to just do what you want, and then learn from that. So the point of this thread is moot.

Like I said previously, if you want to benefit yourself then you shouldn't even be posting in this thread any more. You should be creating a trading journal.

I know you've said you cannot afford the $100 elite membership fee. Honestly that's fine, I don't want you to become an Elite Member because then I am afraid I would somehow feel responsible for you. And I don't need that. But the fact is, if you can't afford $100 on something like this, then you simply cannot afford to trade. So why are you trying to make that work? Your time would be far better spent on any one of numerous other careers that are far easier than trading. Even if it's only an interim career until you build up some funds to trade with.

Everyone will tell you you have no chance of being a successful trader if your focus is always on money -- trading money you can't afford to lose, rent money, etc etc.

So I know you are unlikely to take my advice, again for the countless time, but I am begging you to just stop until you come at this whole "trading thing" from a completely different angle.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

trs3042 
Holland, Michigan

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: Acoustic Guitar
Thanks Given: 23,764
Thanks Received: 5,616

budfox View Post
But sorry, I can not afford to spend money on your membership.

Please do not take this as criticism for that is not my intention. May I suggest doing whatever you need to do to become an Elite Member. By not having access to the Elite sections of this forum, you are missing out on so much knowledge and insight freely shared by great traders from around the globe. You will not find a better investment for your trading journey than this.

Rick

"If you're going to panic during a trade............. panic early."
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

You seem to have a lot of questions Budfox. Maybe try this list of links I put together; kind of my own convenient faq I came across. I'm in no way saying these are all effective or comprehensive, just my own search and notes for future reference. Most of the links are non-elite.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
TheDude
london

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 162

budfox View Post
Hi Mike,

I am trying to participate in that fractal thread, but it says the thread starter is ignoring you and you can't participate lol

Please can you allow me to participate in that thread.

Thank You.

LOL.

Big Mike has you on ignore too huh!

It seems a shame he can put us on ignore, but we cant put him on ignore. After all, it's only the polite thing to do in a democracy such as the internet. Perhaps he'd be better suited to living in China than Ecuador.

Ho hum.

Wouldn't it be odd if he banned me for poking fun - given I'm on ignore and thus he shouldnt be able to see this post

Albnd
Rome, Italy

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 28

TheDude View Post
LOL.

Big Mike has you on ignore too huh!

It seems a shame he can put us on ignore, but we cant put him on ignore. After all, it's only the polite thing to do in a democracy such as the internet. Perhaps he'd be better suited to living in China than Ecuador.

Ho hum.

Wouldn't it be odd if he banned me for poking fun - given I'm on ignore and thus he shouldnt be able to see this post

I have no interest in defending Mike or anyone else, but... just let me know: why do you keep posting here if you disagree with almost everything?

Last Updated on June 7, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts