NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Coin - will it replace your wallet?


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vegasfoster with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 addchild with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,571 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592

Wallet hack: can Coin replace your credit cards? | The Verge



https://onlycoin.com/

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
wldman's Avatar
 wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Posts: 3,585 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 2,095
Thanks Received: 9,704

@Big Mike

but I will say if bitcoin does take off and develops into a truly viable currency It will do so without me. I think the governments of the world will prevent widespread use. For me personally I'd try to adapt but I like currency even if it is fiat currency, that I can fold and put in my pocket.

The idea is revolutionary. I'm just not sure older generations will adopt. I'm pretty sure gubments will reject a currency they cant control and manipulate as a tool of influence. DB


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 addchild 
Bay Area California
 
Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Posts: 809 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 927
Thanks Received: 896


Heck yes, If my bank and credit companies support it, I'm all over it. I've been hoping for something like this for years.


.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 vegasfoster 
las vegas
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Posts: 1,145 since Feb 2010
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 845

I haven't looked into it, but it seems independent of bank and credit card companies, i.e. the swipe code changes electronically based which card you have selected. The only issue I see is that it also appears whomever you give it to will have access to all your cards.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 14, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts