NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





free Kindle


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cory with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 suko with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,135 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098

just place this order


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free.png
Views:	278
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	129164  
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
Tasker_182's Avatar
 Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Posts: 716 since Aug 2009
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,406


cory View Post
just place this order

How did you get the special offer, I mean the promotional code


Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 vegasfoster 
las vegas
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Posts: 1,145 since Feb 2010
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 845


Yeah! What makes you so special?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098

Opps, I just thought everybody receive this invitation from amazon;


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invitation.png
Views:	229
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	129168  
Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


cory View Post
Opps, I just thought everybody receive this invitation from amazon;

I noticed the e-mail you got says "try it free for 30 days..."

I found some more info:

Amazon wants you to trial Kindle Fire HDX for 30 days at no cost, sends out exclusive invites - Pocket-lint


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592

On a side note, I've received multiple emails from Amazon discounting the Kindle HDX. One of them was $50 off, which I took advantage of and bought a Kindle HDX 7 w/LTE for my grandmother so we can stay connected when I move.

It seems Amazon is having a very hard time meeting their sales goals with the new HDX line. They are discounting them like crazy.

I would say that's a short trade, but actually they lose money I believe on every Kindle (hardware) so fewer sales means fewer losses. It's the revenue generated from post-purchase sales from their app store, buying Kindle books, etc that they are going to miss on.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #7 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


Big Mike View Post
On a side note, I've received multiple emails from Amazon discounting the Kindle HDX. One of them was $50 off, which I took advantage of and bought a Kindle HDX 7 w/LTE for my grandmother so we can stay connected when I move.

It seems Amazon is having a very hard time meeting their sales goals with the new HDX line. They are discounting them like crazy.

I would say that's a short trade, but actually they lose money I believe on every Kindle (hardware) so fewer sales means fewer losses. It's the revenue generated from post-purchase sales from their app store, buying Kindle books, etc that they are going to miss on.

Mike


I have 3 of the 8.9" Fires - one each for my 7 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old. My kids absolutely love them! Mike is right - the add-ons are what gets you, but I am really happy with them. I just wish I had one for myself


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098

I didn't order this, my guess is they try to hook me into watching stuff on their device.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wd-free.png
Views:	251
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	129243  
Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 
suko's Avatar
 suko 
Ogoto Onsen, Japan
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS via OA
Broker: TOS
Trading: SPX, XSP options
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Posts: 1,505 since Oct 2013
Thanks Given: 850
Thanks Received: 1,502

IMHO the Kindle Fire is too big and heavy to be a good e-book reader. Plus, it's really a multipurpose device, so reading with it is subject to switching to other kinds of digital tasks. It's a half-assed Swiss Army knife.

OTOH, the Paperwhite is light enough to be held propped up on three fingers for long periods of time, has a great screen, and more importantly great battery life. It has such a crappy browser that it's virtually useless for anything but reading, and that is a blessing in disguise. You sit down with the Paperwhite and you can read with focus. It's a samurai sword of a reader.

Gimme a samurai sword any day.


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098


Read and reply using Fire right now. I may not need it I can't find place to rest my fingers comfortably.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 22, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts