NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





QCL# ticket data problems with IQfeed


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,686 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
jjsshh
Helsinki, Finland
 
Posts: 23 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 4

Hi,
I'm currently trying to figure out how the QCL# daily open and close price can be same if you change your session times? For example if I use session timing where time of the close is 4.15 p.m(CT) and opening time at 5.00 p.m. If i change session timing prices are exactly the same. I use Multicharts with IQfeed.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Robert Carrillo's Avatar
 Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: IQFeed compatible
Trading: ES
Posts: 271 since Jun 2012
Thanks Given: 234
Thanks Received: 377



jjsshh View Post
Hi,
I'm currently trying to figure out how the QCL# daily open and close price can be same if you change your session times? For example if I use session timing where time of the close is 4.15 p.m(CT) and opening time at 5.00 p.m. If i change session timing prices are exactly the same. I use Multicharts with IQfeed.

Hi @jjsshh,

I just happened to see this post. If in the future you will email [email protected] directly, you should get a response within one hour. They are available 24 hrs/day M-F.

I'll try to help from here, but I'm not certain I understand your quandary. Please forgive me if I'm completely missing your point. If today's open for QCL# was 97.97 and today's close was 97.84, would those numbers change if I asked what they were at various times of day, or if I was watching a specific block of time other than RTH? My thinking is that the Open is the Open and the Close is the Close because that's what NYMEX published as Open/Close, regardless of whatever segment of the day I might be concerned with.

Robert


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 7, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts