NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





ThinkorSwim Thinkback Excel


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 5,310 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 quantarb 
Wayne, NJ USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts, Deltix DCS
Broker: Interactive Brokers/IQ Feed
Trading: ETF Options
Posts: 41 since Oct 2012
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 38

Hi, I found out that thinkorswim has historical options data and you can do manual backtesting for options strategies. I was thinking if I am able to pull historical options data from thinkorswim thinkback into Excel.

I want to convert some of my stock backtests into options backtests to see how they would have performed using options instead of stocks. Ideally, I would feed the thinkorswim the underlying option, expiration date, strike, and the date I made the trade and thinkorswim returns the closing data for that day. Anyone have any idea how to do this?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
kosnarf
Long Beach CA
 
Posts: 4 since Mar 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


quantarb View Post
Hi, I found out that thinkorswim has historical options data and you can do manual backtesting for options strategies. I was thinking if I am able to pull historical options data from thinkorswim thinkback into Excel.

I want to convert some of my stock backtests into options backtests to see how they would have performed using options instead of stocks. Ideally, I would feed the thinkorswim the underlying option, expiration date, strike, and the date I made the trade and thinkorswim returns the closing data for that day. Anyone have any idea how to do this?

RTD is supported. Check the link: https : / / tlc.thinkorswim.com / c enter / release / rel-04-26-2014.html

And scroll to the bottom, be sure to read the instructions, "To see all of the functions supported in exported data, click on the “Data Export Help” option on the Printer menu." Good luck

(I don't have the required 5 post to link URLs)


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on November 3, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts