NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Is there a keyword in EL that plays the same function as "return" in C/C++?


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,638 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
iveadream
Shanghai, China
 
Posts: 2 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, I'm just starting to learn how to use EL to program my trading strategy. I'm wondering if there is a keyword in EL that can enable the script to stop execution the rest of statements beyond it for current bar, like the "return" keyword in C/C++.

Yeah, I know that I can use "If...else..." to implement the same function. But, it means I have to put a big chunk of code in the "If...else..." block. It's a little bit ugly to me.

I searched for such a keyword in the EL manual, but could not find one. So, I'm trying to see if there are someone who know such a keyword.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


iveadream,

Tradestation has a reserved word called "return", but I am not sure if you can use it do what you have in mind outside of a method. It's worth checking it out, though.

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
iveadream
Shanghai, China
 
Posts: 2 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks, ABCTG. I tried it. Unfortunately, the "return" keyword can only be used in a method.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 7, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts