NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bund futures - intra day trading journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one rosho01 with 281 posts (20 thanks)
    2. looks_two Keab with 59 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bundshakalaka with 12 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BenG with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one BenG with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bundshakalaka with 0.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Keab with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 rosho01 with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,379 views
    2. thumb_up 50 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 358 posts
    2. attach_file 163 attachments

Search this Thread

bund futures - intra day trading journal

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

rosho01 View Post
indeed gd to have different opinions else wld be tedious, mine albeit v ltd with experience using footprint. i find footprint useful when there are icebergs holding price, & to view absorption also. just struggle with delta itself, esp as the bund is majority algos i assume doing a mixture of both.

I should add that I use delta for longer term trades.
I will only enter a few trades on each market each day as I only tend to take trades where there are big things happening and don't scalp multiple levels during the day. Not that I'm against that, it just doesn't work for me as I trade better with the big picture in mind and tend to lose that if scalping.

I wouldn't say that delta is as reliable on the smaller swings/smaller levels of trapped traders, but when you're talking 10,000-15,000 trapped contracts or more (whether they are algos or humans), then things happen quite predictably...
My rule is simple-if it isn't obvious then don't trade. That last example I posted is an obvious one-I'll be up and in the office early tomorrow to see what happens with that one...

Nothing on the bund got me interested today in terms of delta-not enough action from anyone to even make me think of having a sniff

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

rosho01 
London/UK

Platform: IBs ladder / Market Delta charts
Broker: IB / IQfeed
Trading: Bund
Thanks Given: 260
Thanks Received: 96

bootsyjam View Post
Eurostoxx 50-potentially trapped buyers on delta. Heavy buying-price being held down by unseen limit orders. If that swing low gets beaten significantly I'll be looking to enter short on a retrace into this buying area.

(typing on this tablet is awful)

This kinda makes sense........

edit: .though.......ppl may be short, its bounced, and they are taking profits/scratching/puking (its their exit)......on the intraday you see this all the time, eg if the mkt is absorbing with limits or it reaches a level with high delta.......and the delta reverses.......its who wins the battle that is important. And that delta may just be someone who needs to do business. They may have bought at the bottom with mkts orders and now limit order offered higher for that amt.......which holds price.

The LL to me is much more important, price has been accepted lower.....that may mean ppl are willing to sit in offers all the way. Perhaps thats the confirmation?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 rosho01 
London/UK

Morning all,

so, lets hope for some movement today ie >27 tick range. its opened o/s yesterdays range which is a start! heres some levels on hourly which may or may not come into play, waiting for PA to confirm.

Some ID levels from yest also:

00s
84s
80s
70s

g/l.

R

rosho01 
London/UK

This was a decent buy set up for a breakout upwards with HLs (& ascending triangle), but didnt take as cautious of the low vols:

this cld be a potential setup later on the ascending tl - around the 00s. see what happens.

rosho01 
London/UK

double bottom? or stretch to the all time lows @ 0.152?

"ECB doesn't want to buy bonds if the yield is below -0.2%" https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2015/03/ecb-and-markets

just going to be cautious fading anything, though wld they purchase on low vol days?

rosho01 
London/UK

screaming a BO...............

rosho01 
London/UK

though its building a bear flag here on 5min, so it may not get there.

rosho01 
London/UK

rosho01 View Post

though its building a bear flag here on 5min, so it may not get there.

traded up to 08s, 09s didnt trade & tried to hit the 08s but no joy. just gone 2 offered very quick after, that is frustrating.

Keab 
London UK

Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

Hi Rosho,
Hope you've had some good trades so far?
Made a bit on my delta set up from yesterday but didn't fall as far as expected. After all, if trading was that easy...
Missed a short on the bund at 159.11 as didn't get filled.

Saw that you posted a yield chart-do you use that in conjunction with bund trading? As far as I can tell, the yield and the price of the bund should have an exact correlation so of no use. However if the major bond traders use the yield to calculate whether the bond is worth buying (which most certainly seems logical) then it must be quite important.
And if you don't mind me asking-where do you get the data-I've looked everywhere and can't find a realtime source (either through my datafeed or elsewhere)

rosho01 
London/UK

bootsyjam View Post
Hi Rosho,
Hope you've had some good trades so far?
Made a bit on my delta set up from yesterday but didn't fall as far as expected. After all, if trading was that easy...
Missed a short on the bund at 159.11 as didn't get filled.

Saw that you posted a yield chart-do you use that in conjunction with bund trading? As far as I can tell, the yield and the price of the bund should have an exact correlation so of no use. However if the major bond traders use the yield to calculate whether the bond is worth buying (which most certainly seems logical) then it must be quite important.
And if you don't mind me asking-where do you get the data-I've looked everywhere and can't find a realtime source (either through my datafeed or elsewhere)

hey bootsyjam

well done, can you post updated chart?

re the yield chart - i will use it as confluence to an area so for instance the dbl bottom & todays high is resistance level so was looking for short setup - which i just posted selling 08s - but the setup will always be down to recent PA.

i think you posted? Germany 10-Year Bond Chart - Investing.com UK

reuters/bbg screen wld be better but the >2k/mth is a little over budget at present.

p.s. not traded so far today.

Last Updated on April 28, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts