NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Assignment process (paper money)


Discussion in Options

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,494 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
linker33
Boise, ID / USA
 
Posts: 9 since Apr 2015
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

So I had a paper money trade on FXE

Sold 112 strike call
Bought 113 strike call

FXE closed on Friday at $12.51

End of day Friday I see a loss, as well as this morning (assignment was not showing). Then this evening, I notice an $86 profit.

This is what I think happened...

- I got assigned the 112 strike call at a stock price of 112.51 = $.51 ($51) loss
(I am now short -100 shares of FXE at $112.51)

- Price opens today at 111.75, and proceeds to close at 111.14

- I went short at 112.51, with current price of 111.14 = $137 profit - $51 loss = $86 net return


Now being currently short 100 shares of FXE is causing a $5557 margin requirement. With real money, if I didn't have $5557 available to cover this margin, would the broker have initiated a margin call and closed my position on Monday open at $111.75?
Or would they likely have margin called immediately on Friday at $12.51?

Edit - From reading further, I think that even if margin called on Friday, I would have 24 hrs to cover prior to the broker liquidating the position?
So I'm guessing if that is the case, they would have liquidated it sometime on Monday at market price?


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FXE Exercised.PNG
Views:	264
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	182934  
Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks




Last Updated on May 19, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts