NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A Cowboy's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bmtrading9 with 726 posts (926 thanks)
    2. looks_two Inletcap with 28 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blash with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 15 posts (36 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Inletcap with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bmtrading9 with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 123,102 views
    2. thumb_up 1,325 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 893 posts
    2. attach_file 273 attachments

Search this Thread

A Cowboy's Trading Journal

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MC and Jigsaw
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 3,001
Thanks Received: 2,159

My mindset is not at right place these days so not doing anything regarding trading, with all the talk about BREXIT I want to take it slow this week. Moreover, first time in a long time I would be at profitable after six months. Every month I closed green with January and May being my best months and March being my worst month and all my trades are real.

Somehow, I couldn't get into the idea of simulation (I don't buy that idea, I should have practiced a lot on sim though...), I just placed a trade in sim (with stop and target) I don't feel a damn thing, if it's real trade I would be constantly looking at my phone/charts/PnL/fio/twitter etc etc to find anything (Positive/Negative) related to my trade...I would be second guessing my trade and then second guessing that guess so on and so forth and finally give up and close it...Don't get me wrong I am not afraid to loose, it is just that I am LITTLE LATE in adjusting to the right or wrong trade i.e if I am right I should be adding but I recognize it little late that I am right and same with wrong trade too i.e I should be cutting it quickly and reversing the position but again I am little late in recognizing that, maybe I am too hopeful or afraid to take loss.

Am I consistent in these six months? I DON'T KNOW YET. Reason I don't know is I meet my goal for just 2 months so now I believe that I am at break-even which is better than loosing. One thing I realized is my freaking never give up attitude ( I didn't know that I had it in me before this). Honestly, I loose interest in things/problems once I know the solution (typical Aries mentality) but now I am surprised that I keep pushing myself towards trading without giving up by now.

Anyway, my year end goal is to close the year with profit and follow the damn method.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

Awesome to hear you've been profitable for 6 months! That's fantastic and a real step forward. I'm with you, I get nothing from SIM. In fact, I have a couple of SIM trades on right that I"ve had for a couple of months....I just wait until I'm profitable then exit. Lol...if I could only do that in real life. Hope you continue towards profit, now that you know the path!

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

jackbravo View Post
Awesome to hear you've been profitable for 6 months! That's fantastic and a real step forward. I'm with you, I get nothing from SIM. In fact, I have a couple of SIM trades on right that I"ve had for a couple of months....I just wait until I'm profitable then exit. Lol...if I could only do that in real life. Hope you continue towards profit, now that you know the path!

Thanks. ONLY PATH I realized is DON'T FIGHT THE TREND (worst is DON'T FIGHT MY OWN METHOD ) that saved me a lot except that I fought it in March and lost big time previous months profits but I realized it and got back at myself, do I still do it? Yes, I do but with very cautiously taking consideration of all the contextual elements. These day's even if I enter a counter trend trade I am able to recognize it quickly and close it, now next step would be let go of my mean reversal mentality (or initial bias) and follow the actual trade (work in progress). My account is kind of small account that also makes me nervous in scaling in (another work in progress). I sincerely hope everyone I follow (including you) religiously every day here on fio WILL BE SUCCESSFUL in all the endeavors in life.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

https://www.iamwire.com/2016/06/how-to-eliminate-90-of-your-regret-and-anxiety-by-thinking-like-a-roman-emperor/138657

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanked by:
 HoopyTrading 
Boston, MA

Thank you for the link bmtrading, but my brain shut down when I hit this line of the text...

"But be prepared to tackle emotions with logic because with enough logical questions and statements you’ll get to the causes, which are much easier to comprehend."

To me, logic and emotions are mutually exclusive. They cannot co-exist in the same vein, in my mind anyways.

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

This is Holy Crap!!!

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Didn't wanted to trade today but couldn't resist then tried a short long short and got chopped up for 60 YM points and somehow got out that hole for small positive...shut it down because I don't want to trade on a day we already reached 500% of ADR....next week hoping to start from fresh

Thanked by:

Pariah Carey 
Memphis TN
Legendary E-mini dictator for life

Platform: Thinkorswim
Broker: TDAmeritrade
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 158
Thanks Received: 3,673

bmtrading9 View Post
Didn't wanted to trade today but couldn't resist then tried a short long short and got chopped up for 60 YM points and somehow got out that hole for small positive...shut it down because I don't want to trade on a day we already reached 500% of ADR....next week hoping to start from fresh

Wise decision. I am flat too in ES, QM and of course 6B. I actively trade all those but I'm just going to sit out for now. I do have a position on in soybeans, but beans pretty much live on their own planet.

It's tempting to jump in when you see all these big moves, but the risk is high. I like volatile markets, my system does well in them, but this is not volatility. This is...holy mother@#$%!&$^!!!!!AHHHHHH!!!

Money make ya handsome
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

I came into today trying to find a bottom on both OIL and YM (I know I know...)

Took oil long using QM at 46.40 and with next hour I am looking at a hole (talk about perfect timing, I should avoid trading near VPOC) then saw VPOC shifting to bottom and when I saw price coming back from lows I took another contract at 46 but only to find me shaked out of my position and as expected the short covering came in at the pit close reaching my original price target. I took another trade for closed just for 20 ticks maybe because of that fear from previous trades.

Took YM trade couple of times but the last one is at 17k and saw it went up down up down and I almost gave up on this trade too but somehow held on to and closed it for 60 YM points in total.

With this increase in volatility I am still having trouble in scaling in.

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

bmtrading9 View Post
I came into today trying to find a bottom on both OIL and YM (I know I know...)

Took oil long using QM at 46.40 and with next hour I am looking at a hole (talk about perfect timing, I should avoid trading near VPOC) then saw VPOC shifting to bottom and when I saw price coming back from lows I took another contract at 46 but only to find me shaked out of my position and as expected the short covering came in at the pit close reaching my original price target. I took another trade for closed just for 20 ticks maybe because of that fear from previous trades.

Took YM trade couple of times but the last one is at 17k and saw it went up down up down and I almost gave up on this trade too but somehow held on to and closed it for 60 YM points in total.

With this increase in volatility I am still having trouble in scaling in.

LOL...every single time. I have to do something about this, still letting fear taking over my analysis. Anyway, can't fret about it as long as I am green I should take it as a progress.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 6, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts