NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Kinetick - A new Market Data Feed Service for NinjaTrader

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 29 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 28 posts (43 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MetalTrade with 13 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rcabri with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Fat Tails with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,629 views
    2. thumb_up 116 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 181 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

Kinetick - A new Market Data Feed Service for NinjaTrader

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

DanDaMan View Post
@NinjaTrader

Does Kinetick have a non back-adjusted continuous ES contract?
I am using the Kinetick Symbol search, but cannot seem to find one: https://kinetick.com/Help#!Help_SymbolSearch

I need to pull a few years worth of 5min ES charts to print out and study. I need to see accurate price movement, and thus do not want 'back-adjusted' charts that might alter the actual price movements for any given day.

Within the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Set the property "Global Merge Policy" to "Merge non back adjusted". Then open a chart of the current front month (ES 03-21 for example) and request 5 years back worth of data. That said, I don't recall how for back you can get data for expired contracts, I doubt its anything close to 5 years. This policy only affects client side (NinjaTrader side) merging of expired contracts into the current front month. It does not affect server side aggregated continuous contracts. I don't think that Kinetick has a server side non back adjusted continuous contract.

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 193

NinjaTrader View Post
Within the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Set the property "Global Merge Policy" to "Merge non back adjusted". Then open a chart of the current front month (ES 03-21 for example) and request 5 years back worth of data. That said, I don't recall how for back you can get data for expired contracts, I doubt its anything close to 5 years. This policy only affects client side (NinjaTrader side) merging of expired contracts into the current front month. It does not affect server side aggregated continuous contracts. I don't think that Kinetick has a server side non back adjusted continuous contract.

Ray

That worked! Kinetick pulled in years worth of expired contracts, and NinjaTrader assembled them client side as you mentioned. Now I can continuously see on one chart years of data, with no adjustments.

Cheers!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 17, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts