NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 122 posts (165 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 56 posts (241 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 45 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 26 posts (129 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 8.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 187,915 views
    2. thumb_up 1,258 thanks given
    3. group 96 followers
    1. forum 479 posts
    2. attach_file 157 attachments

Search this Thread

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 223

Speaking on the character of Michael (ICT):

Pros: He seems like a really genuine person, I enjoy listening to his talks and they are so real to me. I like his personality and believe his concepts work.
Cons: Filtering out all the hate he receives.

Speaking on the character of Vinny (AlgoBox):

Pros: He can be respectful to other people in his discord and his system can work. I like his 2 Finger Salute Strategy, which is basically two big conscutive tails on a 24-range chart that I've seen always work for at least 10 ticks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you say stuff like this about Algobox without showing any proof it appears to many people that you are actively trying to promote Algobox. All the negative stuff you said about Vinny and Algobox could just be cover to gain some legitimacy. The idea would be to get people who have a high degree of FOMO to try a specific trading strategy without any proof that it works.

I could be wrong but keep in mind that when you show no proof that's how it will appear to many people.

Same thing with ICT " I like his personality and believe his concepts work" >> this really doesn't tell us anything.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management

FundedTrader82 
Miami, Florida, USA

Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 26

Analytic View Post

Pros: He seems like a really genuine person, I enjoy listening to his talks and they are so real to me. I like his personality and believe his concepts work.

Pros: He can be respectful to other people in his discord and his system can work. I like his 2 Finger Salute Strategy, which is basically two big conscutive tails on a 24-range chart that I've seen always work for at least 10 ticks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you say stuff like this about Algobox without showing any proof it appears to many people that you are actively trying to promote Algobox. All the negative stuff you said about Vinny and Algobox could just be cover to gain some legitimacy. The idea would be to get people who have a high degree of FOMO to try a specific trading strategy without any proof that it works.

I could be wrong but keep in mind that when you show no proof that's how it will appear to many people.

Same thing with ICT " I like his personality and believe his concepts work" >> this really doesn't tell us anything.

I have spoken from my very real experience and I'm not actively trying to promote anything. I don't understand how you jumped so far to that conclusion or where your proof is of the "many people" that think I'm trying to promote Algobox. Are you talking about the 24 range chart and the two rejection range bars with over 50% wicks that really has nothing to do with algobox? A cover to gain legitamacy? Wait, who am I trying to scare to try to look for two wicks on a 24 range chart? The only proof I shared was that he attempts to deceive people into buying his product and sign an agreement to be his voice on the internet. Are you upset that I said he can be respectful to people in his discord? Would you rather me pickup a pitch fork with you too and laugh about his system and how no one could ever be profitable with it. I don't owe you any explanation, and if you don't value my feedback or opinions you can always just carry on. Thanks.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,524
Thanks Received: 26,292

Analytic View Post

@Analytic, I am going to ask you to refrain from these kinds of remarks about other members. Leave policing other people's posts to the moderators.

In the past, Vinny has sent his supporters to the forum to fill it with promotional spam reviews, and it is natural to suspect more of the same, but please let the mods take care of that. If someone makes an assertion you disagree with, criticize the assertion, not the person who makes it..

You have been very helpful in providing information to the forum about Vinny, and it has helped to fill out the understanding that interested readers have of him and of his offerings, and to let them make more informed decisions. Your point of view is clearly negative on Vinny, and that is fine, as anyone else's is, pro or con, if it is based on their actual experience and their honest belief. I hope you continue.

But please leave the judgment call that someone else has stepped over the line to the mods. If you think there is an issue with someone's posts, use the reporting function -- we read every report and take action where we think it is needed.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

rremoved 
Tampa, Fl

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 39

FundedTrader82 View Post
I have spoken from my very real experience and I'm not actively trying to promote anything. I don't understand how you jumped so far to that conclusion or where your proof is of the "many people" that think I'm trying to promote Algobox. Are you talking about the 24 range chart and the two rejection range bars with over 50% wicks that really has nothing to do with algobox? A cover to gain legitamacy? Wait, who am I trying to scare to try to look for two wicks on a 24 range chart? The only proof I shared was that he attempts to deceive people into buying his product and sign an agreement to be his voice on the internet. Are you upset that I said he can be respectful to people in his discord? Would you rather me pickup a pitch fork with you too and laugh about his system and how no one could ever be profitable with it. I don't owe you any explanation, and if you don't value my feedback or opinions you can always just carry on. Thanks.

The two finger salute indicator highlights two consecutive pin bars or long tail bars as far as I can tell, based on my own experience as a customer using the software myself. I disagree with you though, it doesnt ALWAYS work for 10 ticks. Like with anything else, patterns and signals just taken randomly will give you bad results. Two long tail bars in the proper context will carry more weight, with or without Algobox.

Anyone can take one look at the indicator training video on Youtube and come to their own conclusion as to how it works:

Nobody needs algobox to spot that particular candlestick pattern, they can just use their own eyeballs and brain, like Oliver Valez does:

Lastly and most importantly, the sky is blue, fish breathe under water, and the sun is really hot.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

FundedTrader82 
Miami, Florida, USA

rremoved View Post
The two finger salute indicator highlights two consecutive pin bars or long tail bars as far as I can tell, based on my own experience as a customer using the software myself. I disagree with you though, it doesnt ALWAYS work for 10 ticks. Like with anything else, patterns and signals just taken randomly will give you bad results. Two long tail bars in the proper context will carry more weight, with or without Algobox.

Anyone can take one look at the indicator training video on Youtube and come to their own conclusion as to how it works:

Nobody needs algobox to spot that particular candlestick pattern, they can just use their own eyeballs and brain, like Oliver Valez does:

Lastly and most importantly, the sky is blue, fish breathe under water, and the sun is really hot.

I fully agree with your statement. I may have been a little loose with my words. Nothing works 100% of the time, and I'm sorry if that's how it came across. Yes, nobody needs Algobox, that was my conclusion too and I guess I didn't directly say that when I mentioned the only unique thing about his system is the audio box. I'd personally use Tom Hougaard as an example =) Velez is on the naughty list, he's a good source to learn from, don't get me wrong. I just have an issue with his past behaviors.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	velez.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	336498   Click image for larger version

Name:	velez2.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	336499  

rremoved 
Tampa, Fl

No worries man I was just adding my 2 cents! From what I remember, Oliver Valez was one of the few guru names allowed to be praised in the Algobox discord group when I was a member. I remember multiple people saying Oliver Valez was one of Vinny's mentors, or someone he learned a lot from. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I can recall.

FundedTrader82 
Miami, Florida, USA

rremoved View Post
No worries man I was just adding my 2 cents! From what I remember, Oliver Valez was one of the few guru names allowed to be praised in the Algobox discord group when I was a member. I remember multiple people saying Oliver Valez was one of Vinny's mentors, or someone he learned a lot from. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I can recall.

Good stuff. You're right. I saw that in his discord too but didn't want to say anything because I had a feeling I'd get ganged up on. I think I remember Vinny talking about him in one of his videos.

Thanked by:

rremoved 
Tampa, Fl

I also wanted to bring attention to one big detail the video posted on Youtube here:

Looks like Vinny downloaded the review video posted by this guy, then reuploaded it to his own Youtube channel after the original creator deleted it:

If Vinny didn't get permission from the original creator of that video, clearly it's a copyright violation and the video should be taken down if the creator didn't give permission.

Now Imagine this scenario: downloading someone else's content (content that was deleted for whatever reason), then posting it to your official business page and using that content, without permission, in a commercial manner to sell products. LMAO. If that's the case, then Vinny is even more retarded than I thought.

If I were the creator of that video and Vinny was using it to sell his products without my permission, especially if I didn't use the product anymore or didnt feel the same way I did when I created the video (hence the deleting), I'd be filing a copyright claim through Youtube yesterday to get it taken down.

Copyirght infringement is serious business. Always get permission...

2023-11-26 13_09_37-Copyright litigation 101

2023-11-26 13_08_10-Copyright litigation 101

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 223

FundedTrader82 View Post

I should have included the following in my last post: I'm not trying to attack you. I don't know you or what your true experiences are with trading.

In General I have found the following to be true by Occam's razor:

1) Praising trading strategies without proof that they work consistently or proof that they work in certain market regimes is likely to cause irrational FOMO in many retail traders.

2) Stating opinions about trading strategies without any proof provides no informational content.

3) I believe everyone should take pitchforks to all these unproven retail trading strategies. Too many people have already been hurt by them.
After speaking with many retail trading vendors, retail platform providers, and retail trading brokers I have come to the conclusion that they mostly think
that retail traders are simply stupid gamblers who will always lose all their money and they are just trying scoop up as much "dumb money" for themselves as they can.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

FundedTrader82 
Miami, Florida, USA

Analytic View Post
I should have included the following in my last post: I'm not trying to attack you. I don't know you or what your true experiences are with trading.

In General I have found the following to be true by Occam's razor:

1) Praising trading strategies without proof that they work consistently or proof that they work in certain market regimes is likely to cause irrational FOMO in many retail traders.

2) Stating opinions about trading strategies without any proof provides no informational content.

3) I believe everyone should take pitchforks to all these unproven retail trading strategies. Too many people have already been hurt by them.
After speaking with many retail trading vendors, retail platform providers, and retail trading brokers I have come to the conclusion that they mostly think
that retail traders are simply stupid gamblers who will always lose all their money and they are just trying scoop up as much "dumb money" for themselves as they can.

Don’t sweat it. It’s no big deal. I may have gotten a little defensive. I’m going to have to try to rewrite this as I was on my phone and accidentally slid the browser out and it erased my whole message before I was about to send it. So I did some research about Occam’s Razor. I’ve heard of it before and it gets really interesting, especially with inputs from Physicists, but basically, you can correct me if I’m wrong, it’s about preferring the simplest model of equally driven results. No absolutes. Pretty much KISS, but they make the Occam’s principle pretty complicated.

I think just mentioning a trading strategy provides enough information because people can always search for it and backtest it for themselves, and I shouldn’t have to do all the work for them. I’m not a teacher. Yeah, over 70% lose money, but I don’t think it’s the strategy that hurts people, because they can have a model that works, but there are other factors involved: do they hold themselves accountable, do they journal, can they follow rules, are they patient, are they over leveraging, can they manage risk, are they having a bad day, can they read price action accurately, do they know how to minimize drawdown, do they have enough experience with the model to trust it, etc. or they just have a really bad model. There’s a gold trader, Pasquale who made his millions with simple retail concepts. There’s plenty of perspectives out there and more than 1 way to trade consistently.

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts