NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Anyone bullish on copper at these levels


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one rocksolid68 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two metahominid with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 USS Liberty with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,797 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
metahominid
Peterborough,NH
 
Posts: 2 since Sep 2016
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I just started trading copper and I wanted to trade it the rest of the year up and down. What should I be looking for besides the dollar, chinese data, and bonds?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
rocksolid68's Avatar
 rocksolid68 
Duluth MN
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader/Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Posts: 1,027 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 1,419
Thanks Received: 2,676



metahominid View Post
I just started trading copper and I wanted to trade it the rest of the year up and down. What should I be looking for besides the dollar, chinese data, and bonds?

Hey @metahominid,

You may want to follow Peru and Chile since they produce more copper than China! Watch their currencies, the dollar, etc. Watch other commodities too.

Good luck!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
metahominid
Peterborough,NH
 
Posts: 2 since Sep 2016
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


rocksolid68 View Post
Hey @metahominid,

You may want to follow Peru and Chile since they produce more copper than China! Watch their currencies, the dollar, etc. Watch other commodities too.

Good luck!

Alright yeah, I knew South America was an influence because of the number of mines. Volatility has seem to died down. I bought a contract at 2.0795 last week.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 
rocksolid68's Avatar
 rocksolid68 
Duluth MN
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader/Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Posts: 1,027 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 1,419
Thanks Received: 2,676


metahominid View Post
Alright yeah, I knew South America was an influence because of the number of mines. Volatility has seem to died down. I bought a contract at 2.0795 last week.

How long have you been trading?

Why copper?

Why long?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


metahominid View Post
I just started trading copper and I wanted to trade it the rest of the year up and down. What should I be looking for besides the dollar, chinese data, and bonds?

Seasonals are bearish until middle of November, COT data is mildly bullish.

Copper is overbought, and looks vulnerable to a hawkish dialogue tonight if it occurs.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #7 (permalink)
USS Liberty
Pittsburgh PA
 
Posts: 37 since Jul 2018
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 7

Is there a weekly copper inventory report similar to the weekly crude oil inventory reports in the US that spike volatility at the time of their release?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 
SMCJB's Avatar
 SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT Stellar & Tradestation
Broker: Primarily Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals, U308 and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Posts: 5,247 since Dec 2013
Thanks Given: 4,591
Thanks Received: 10,544

But EVs....


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 30, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts