NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Atom - the Notepad++ alternative


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two stoicbuddha with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ktrader with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,737 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 6 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590

I've been using Notepad++ as my default notepad for more years than I can remember. Tonight I was fed up with a bug in my installation that constantly slows down my productivity, and on a whim searched for an alternative to Notepad++.

I found Atom:
https://github.blog/2022-06-08-sunsetting-atom/



Short version - check it out. I think I'm uninstalling Notepad++.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
xplorer's Avatar
 xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Posts: 6,339 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 16,037
Thanks Received: 16,239

@Big Mike

Thx for the tip - What platform/OS do you use?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



xplorer View Post
@Big Mike

Thx for the tip - What platform/OS do you use?

Windows 10 on my workstation

xplorer View Post
@Big Mike

Thx for the tip - What platform/OS do you use?


Sent using the NexusFi mobile app




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
stoicbuddha's Avatar
 stoicbuddha 
Seattle, WA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: S&P, Nasdaq
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 103 since Feb 2012
Thanks Given: 1,194
Thanks Received: 101

Big Mike,

If I knew you were in the market for a text editor I would have recommended Sublime Text. I've been using it for my programming for years, and it will run on just about any OS. What I love most is multi-line editing. I can't count the times I needed to edit every instance of a line of code, word or sentence and to be able to do it all in one shot is a lifesaver.

Not proselytizing, just putting it out there in case you're still looking.


Our life is our own today. Tomorrow you will be dust, a shade, a tale that is told. Live mindful of death, the hour flies.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


stoicbuddha View Post
Big Mike,

If I knew you were in the market for a text editor I would have recommended Sublime Text. I've been using it for my programming for years, and it will run on just about any OS. What I love most is multi-line editing. I can't count the times I needed to edit every instance of a line of code, word or sentence and to be able to do it all in one shot is a lifesaver.

Not proselytizing, just putting it out there in case you're still looking.

I saw it and dismissed it when I saw Atom was open source

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #6 (permalink)
 
ktrader's Avatar
 ktrader 
glostrup, denmark
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom platform
Broker: CQG
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Posts: 249 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 275


stoicbuddha View Post
Big Mike,

If I knew you were in the market for a text editor I would have recommended Sublime Text. I've been using it for my programming for years, and it will run on just about any OS. What I love most is multi-line editing. I can't count the times I needed to edit every instance of a line of code, word or sentence and to be able to do it all in one shot is a lifesaver.

Not proselytizing, just putting it out there in case you're still looking.

Multiline editing is supported by Atom too, (ctrl+alt, then select lines) ...


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #7 (permalink)
 
stoicbuddha's Avatar
 stoicbuddha 
Seattle, WA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: S&P, Nasdaq
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 103 since Feb 2012
Thanks Given: 1,194
Thanks Received: 101


ktrader View Post
Multiline editing is supported by Atom too, (ctrl+alt, then select lines) ...

Sounds like I should give Atom a try too! I'll give it a test drive.


Our life is our own today. Tomorrow you will be dust, a shade, a tale that is told. Live mindful of death, the hour flies.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 4, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts