NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How get the time of a past bar in powerlanguage?


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,239 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 fjgaspar 
Sevilla + Spain
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: SP
Posts: 21 since May 2016
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi,

I'm developing an indicator for Multucharts.NET with Powrlanguage. I have a 5 minutes chart, and I need to do the following in calcbar() method.

Lets say it is 9:00 AM. The time of current bar is 9:00 AM. I need to sum the close price of all 9:00AM bars of last 10 days.

I have the following code:

Sum = 0
for (count = 1; count < 2880; count++){

if (bars.time[count] == bars.time[0]){
Sum = Sum + bar.close[count]
}
}

Then I want to plot SUM. But it plots 0. Doesn't work. The logical condition under the if appears not to be true ever.

How could I make it work?

Note: 2280 because each day has (24 * 12) 5 minute bars, and I want 10 days back, which gives 2880 bars to analyze.

Thanks


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


fjgaspar,

you start with count = 1, so your condition if (bars.time[count] == bars.time[0]) can never become true.
You might want to check (using the Output for example) what values Bars.Time[0] holds.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 7, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts