NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trader1034's TST journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Trader1034 with 47 posts (53 thanks)
    2. looks_two rleplae with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Tymbeline with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 crystalball with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jackbravo with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dralion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Trader1034 with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,313 views
    2. thumb_up 65 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 67 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

Trader1034's TST journal

Trader1034
New York

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 76

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Trader1034
New York

DAY 3:

Expectancy is now $34.98. This is the amount I would now expect every time I click my mouse. Winning % is now 81.48%. My losses are still bigger than the winning trades where I'm risking on average $1 to win $0.435 and my average trades per day is still holding around 9. There are 18 days left in this combine and $8055.38 more in profits needed. With an average of 9 trades a day, I would need an expectancy of $49.72 to complete this successfully. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Thanked by:
Trader1034
New York

Informal poll. Would anyone be interested in watching my trades live? I think we can set something up for free on Google hangouts or like a live streaming thing on YouTube. Keep in mind this is from someone that doesn't even own a webcam or microphone so I'd have to buy those and I guess figure out logistics of setting all this up. Also if we can set something up here on Futures IO let me know. I can see the value in people watching live and learning. Anyway please respond if you guys are interested. This would be a free thing for whoever. I'll still post my results here for those that just want to read about them. I most likely won't go out and spend $200 on a cam and microphone if it's only a couple of people but if people are really interested in this idea I don't mind.

Thanked by:

rleplae 
Gits (Hooglede) Belgium
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, Proprietary,
Broker: Ninjabrokerage/IQfeed + Synthetic datafeed
Trading: 6A, 6B, 6C, 6E, 6J, 6S, ES, NQ, YM, AEX, CL, NG, ZB, ZN, ZC, ZS, GC
Thanks Given: 2,442
Thanks Received: 5,863

Tymbeline View Post
"

The overall Combine pass-rate at TopStepTrader, the last time it was independently audited/verified, was about 20%, as mentioned above.

Is that published somewhere ?
are there any other metrics published ?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

Trader1034 View Post
DAY 3:

Expectancy is now $34.98. This is the amount I would now expect every time I click my mouse. Winning % is now 81.48%. My losses are still bigger than the winning trades where I'm risking on average $1 to win $0.435 and my average trades per day is still holding around 9. There are 18 days left in this combine and $8055.38 more in profits needed. With an average of 9 trades a day, I would need an expectancy of $49.72 to complete this successfully. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Nice journal.
My question is, after how many trades do you consider your expectancy to be stable/trustworthy?

Also, I don't believe there's any time limit on the combine, as long as you're willing to pay the recurring fee.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Thanked by:
Trader1034
New York

Thanks!!! Obviously the larger your sample size for any statistical interpretation the better. I'd say at very bare minimum 50 trades you start to notice a consistent pattern but I'd personally rather have 100 trades logged. I think for the combine I have 27 trades so far. I trade live so looking for funding isn't the primary reason for me taking the combine. I'm not planning on paying for combines on repeat endlessly I more so view it as this is my one shot.

Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,349
Thanks Received: 1,057

rleplae View Post
Is that published somewhere ?

It was, because I remember reading it and feeling satisfied that it was probably an "independently audited" figure as claimed, but I'm afraid it was so long ago that I can't remember where it was, now.

rleplae View Post
are there any other metrics published ?

Sometimes, but only in incidental comments (e.g. in this forum) by TST's staff, I think. They do publish some information about the few hundred most recently funded traders here and about some people's successes with their funded accounts here, but those aren't really "metrics".

Thanked by:
Trader1034
New York

Day 4 update:

TST has not updated their website to reflect my results from today. They are supposed to have it updated by 6pm. Once they do I'll post a pic. I made $705 in profits today. After commissions the amount I think should be around $609. Ninja and R Trader both reflect the update so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to break down the stats.

Trader 1034

Thanked by:

rleplae 
Gits (Hooglede) Belgium
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, Proprietary,
Broker: Ninjabrokerage/IQfeed + Synthetic datafeed
Trading: 6A, 6B, 6C, 6E, 6J, 6S, ES, NQ, YM, AEX, CL, NG, ZB, ZN, ZC, ZS, GC
Thanks Given: 2,442
Thanks Received: 5,863

Trader1034 View Post
Day 4 update:

TST has not updated their website to reflect my results from today. They are supposed to have it updated by 6pm. Once they do I'll post a pic. I made $705 in profits today. After commissions the amount I think should be around $609. Ninja and R Trader both reflect the update so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to break down the stats.

Trader 1034

They have issues both with the dashboard and with the routing in rithmic with NinjaTrader.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Trader1034
New York

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 30, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts