NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

e-mini futures trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nirvikalpasamadhi with 165 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two nb10071981 with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kleinewaise with 0.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two nirvikalpasamadhi with 0.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 paps with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 nb10071981 with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,848 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 199 posts
    2. attach_file 188 attachments

Search this Thread

e-mini futures trading

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

this was a nice catch of ym daily high after a clear orderflow gradation. the price was extremelly sluggish from the very open and here it went couple of ticks higher to unveil buy stop orders of weak traders. after that, the market dropped quite heavily..

btw, i noticed an interesting situation on the depth of market (dom) yesterday in the late hours. i have written couple of lines about how it could be used, so if you are interested in orderflow analysis, check it out and let me know what u think - it is here ---> https://goo.gl/yi3oja

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qqq.png
Views:	231
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	231091  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

yesterday´s nasdaq, pretty wild with big money in.. see the sell market order in the amount of 800 contracts within one trade !

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	800 sell market.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	231261  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

this is why i prfer closing trades according to fixed trade management

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tm1.png
Views:	234
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	231416  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

holding an interesting position

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170407 ym short swing.png
Views:	221
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	231605  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

yesterdays dow offered two valid oredrflow short signals.

in the first one there was an exhaustion of buyers on higher prices, no one wanted to buy above premarket´s high. i took 6 contracts (i am going to start trading little bit bigger size because the markets are readable enought). the last one ended up very unluckily at the trailing stop

in the second short situation there was orderflow gradation with risk validity- i came lat to the pc, so the entry price is not perfect, it should have been taken couple of ticks higher. the entry price was still ok and the risk wasnt high. this one was taken only with two contracts.

btw - there was an interesting situation on market depth at the very end of the session (see the alternative chart) huge buy limit orders waiting be filled at the price 20598. the price rebounced couple of times before they weer filled. as soon as these were filled (meaning they were not not fake limits) i closed the position.

result +700

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170407 + 700 ym short.png
Views:	200
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	231618   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC+YMM7-CBOT-BID_ASK_TRADE_SYNC_YMM7-CBOT++1+Trades++%2311++L_9++E-mini+Dow+-+CBOT+%28Jun17%29.png
Views:	194
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	231619   Click image for larger version

Name:	result.png
Views:	200
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	231620  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

it is there! there werent many opportunities today

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq shortts.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	231735  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

the only orderflow signal after open

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq long.png
Views:	188
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	232161  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

today i trades ym only. and i was quite active. i took 4 trades. all hit the first target. only one (the third one) hit the second. in the last trade i closed both the contracts at the level of first target by mistake, the second part should have ended up at stoploss.

the trades were opened with different quantity, from 2 to 6 contracts

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170418 ym +350.png
Views:	182
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	232227   Click image for larger version

Name:	ym 358.png
Views:	218
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	232229  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

trading is like reading a book. there is a story behind price movements. i will tell you a story about a clever guy opening huge positions while being invisible to 99,999999% market participants

today i have noticed two iceberg orders, one at dow jones (ym) one nasdaq (nq) futures. particularly interesting was the one at the dow jones which appeared around at 9:17 chicago time. it was triggered at the price 20478 after the market broke the level of big buy limit orders (see the white line at the alternative chart). after that, the dow jones futures slipped into intermarket liquidity mode (see the chart with four markets) and eventually abused the dumb buyers´ sell stop orders to drop lower.

up to 500 contracts into sell side in "clever way" were opened in couple of seconds, while being hidden from the dom. generally speaking, i consider this way of opening positions with these volumes a "clever activity" of a subject, that knows something more than we ordinary traders do.

as soon as dow jones slipped near daily low, it attracted dumb buyers who were tempted to buy it because it was "undervalued". cheap price always lures dumb traders. the market oscilated near daily low and attracts more and more stupid public buyers. the price never moved higher then somewhere to the level where the iceberg was opened. the selling subject protects his opened short position, and because there is enough liquidity for selling, he can open a much big size on a good average price. he doesnt need to sell at low price using sell market order, no, he is clever, he can easilly sell higher, using limit orders, quitely building a biger size.

as soon as all the stupid buyers are sucked into the market, the big guy starts selling again, using sell market orders. thus, pushing the price agains the retail, breaking daily low, forcing the dumb buyers to run away, close their longs and scream in pain. the market drops significantly, and the big guy is happy. he won again..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iceberg short ym.png
Views:	226
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	232260   Click image for larger version

Name:	iceberg order sell imaa.png
Views:	228
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	232263  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

first trade - sl (-350), second trade - pt (+450). both with six contracts.

retrospectivelly the first trade was too agressive. but ... it doesnt matter now..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170419 ym +50.png
Views:	236
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	232300  

Last Updated on July 31, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts