NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My thoughts and strategy as in trying to become a scalp trader!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ForcefielD with 91 posts (81 thanks)
    2. looks_two RielA with 10 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Beerus Sama with 6 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 spectre2007 with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mastercraft29 with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two RielA with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Beerus Sama with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ForcefielD with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,585 views
    2. thumb_up 113 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 117 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

My thoughts and strategy as in trying to become a scalp trader!

ForcefielD
The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 100

First opportunity of today!

Long first entry at 11794.95, target 11804.95, highest point so far 11799.85, 50 cents per point.

Let's see if I get a better entry for a second entry!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

ForcefielD
The Netherlands

Target filled!

We got as low as 11792.40, which wasn't worth while for another entry... I would love to have seen it a bit lower still for a second entry!

As I will point out at the daily review we didn't have RSI support on my 15 minute time frame, but did had on a 5 minute time frame! And no news event was planned during this time... so was a safe call!

I will stop trading for today...

OH... 2.6 points in the red before going 10 in the green!

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

Here is my daily review!
Nothing changed really, but it gives you a better overview of my live trade taken today.

I also want say that, journalling... HAS helped, in some sort of awkward way... because, I didn't had one losing trade this month, but I got stuck in 1 which achieved its target ultimately. I am still in the process of trying to deal with this kind of situation! Still, I didn't made 1 loss, I am wondering, is/was it the journalling? If so... thanks to BMT for allowing me to participate in that journal challenge, because that was like... giving me the reason... 'WHY not journal?' 'Let's see what happens!' ... so far it has a positive result for me!

I am thinking of keeping up with the statistics the next month, March, e.g. HOW big is my 'potential' loss during a live trade. How many points do I go red, before I go green. I also will monitor my trades more closely.
I will calculate the risk and reward ratio WHEN I am able to go live with the contract sizes I want to go in with.
That way, my reward will increase substantially, there for also that ratio!

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

My first trade today, entry at 11822.69, target 11832.69, target got filled already while creating this lovely picture ehehe.
Unfortunately we didn't got RSI support at any time frame as well as we didn't got an opportunity to open at a better price level. So, I had just this one trade done, with one position = 50 cents. I am definitely noticed that my account is growing less hard, but there is also less pressure to deal with.

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

Another live trade just taken, entry 11821.39, target 11831.39 got as high as 11824.35

This time I am hoping to open up a second or maybe even a third position as well!

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

We're going down more, I opened a second position, entry at 11812, target is 11822, target HIT!

I definitely went in too soon with my first position! I am thinking of exiting on break even. For now I'll wait and monitor... I still have 1 chip left on my table!

We are getting RSI back up now from my 15 minute time frame.

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

My second position got his target hit, but I am still in with my first... I am thinking of going out on break even! Which I could... just now... but didn't because I was indecisive! Right now my reasoning would be that I am battling against time and scalping isn't suppose to work like that. It should be as stated previously a quick in and out! This is what I dismiss about myself, I am talking about going out on break even way before the moment appears to get out on break even, when the moment arises I can get out, but for some reason I don't execute it! So, I am still in that first position of my second trade today!

My second position on this second trade was successful because it got support from support level 1 and an oversold level at the RSI.

But right now, it seems we're in for another test of this support level...

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

ForcefielD View Post
Another live trade just taken, entry 11821.39, target 11831.39 got as high as 11824.35

This time I am hoping to open up a second or maybe even a third position as well!

Target got filled!

Because of the sudden spike downwards, I actually took a new trade after when my second position of this trade got filled!
I took this trade with my mobile! :O because I had internet issues!

So, all trades went well and ended with my standard +10 points result. However, I took one mistrade, and when I had the chance to go out on break even I didn't do it... in previous posts I noted it as a brainfreeze... luckily I got this spike upwards! But that might as well could have been downwards... am pretty mad about myself for not taken that break even stop!

We are currently battling for the pivot point and MA155!

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

Daily review,

Things you can't see on the chart but did play a role today were support level 1 and the MA155!

Thanked by:
ForcefielD
The Netherlands

First live trade today!

We got RSI back up, the gap which was still open was from 11916 to 11951 with a high as 11936. But this gap-up is closed!

We are getting important numbers within the first hour of trading.

We are aiming towards resistance level 3.

We started the day with another major GAP-UP

Am confident about this trade even though the zone is moving in a tight range upwards, I took this trade on a good spot OUTSIDE the biggest BB 32/3, so good chance of a small pullback there towards the normal BB!

Target filled...

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 12, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts