NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





multiple trades same bar


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two GuppyDRV with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ABCTG with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,058 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 GuppyDRV 
Seattle
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts 10
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, IQFeed
Trading: ES
Posts: 58 since Nov 2015
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 7

Hello All,

On certain random days (I think Random) while using the Walk Forward Optimization or Back test my strategy will generate multiple trades on the same bar.

Basically, it will take a long trade that enters and exits at the open and then take whatever other trade that would have normally happened on that bar close. I posted a picture showing 1.....the multiple trade and 2....what a normal trade would look like.

Any ideas without having to think to hard. Am I doing something stupid simple wrong or might I need to post some code. Either way I appreciate the help.

I tried searching other threads and found nothing relevant but if there is one just a point in the right direction is all I'll need.

Thank,

GuppyDRV


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Multiple Trades.PNG
Views:	280
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	226332  
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


GuppyDRV,

the explanation is most likely in your code. Check when and why these orders have been triggered (by using print
statements for example for your conditions).

Regards,

ABCTG


GuppyDRV View Post
Hello All,

On certain random days (I think Random) while using the Walk Forward Optimization or Back test my strategy will generate multiple trades on the same bar.

Basically, it will take a long trade that enters and exits at the open and then take whatever other trade that would have normally happened on that bar close. I posted a picture showing 1.....the multiple trade and 2....what a normal trade would look like.

Any ideas without having to think to hard. Am I doing something stupid simple wrong or might I need to post some code. Either way I appreciate the help.

I tried searching other threads and found nothing relevant but if there is one just a point in the right direction is all I'll need.

Thank,

GuppyDRV


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 tpredictor 
North Carolina
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es
Posts: 644 since Nov 2011

This can happen if you use an indicator that is set to calculate/generate trades intrabar. Also, if you use time based entries/exits and you don't exclude last hour, it might happen. It could also be the result of a value being set to true and not resetting. It looks like you are taking longs and shorts. This could be the result of an indicator that crosses both thresholds in the same session. If you have limit orders, you may want to make sure that the last order is closed.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 6, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts