NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Throwing in the towel.

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vont with 13 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two rleplae with 10 posts (31 thanks)
    3. looks_3 grausch with 6 posts (48 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rich Independence with 6 posts (65 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Itchymoku with 12.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rich Independence with 10.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 grausch with 8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 rleplae with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,374 views
    2. thumb_up 276 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Throwing in the towel.

vont 
Bangkok

I do not come in here very often. So be patient, K? Thx

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

vont 
Bangkok

Maybe I am mistaken, but I seemed to read somewhere
that Rich used 4 hr charts with 50 EMA.... to daytrade?

With 200 SMA.... on top of everything....?

Rich I. are you still around the forum?

Like to buy you a cup of hot choc
for your bravery;

for using a Chinese wok to prepare Souffle!

Maybe, just maybe, you still have a
very slim chance at day trading. If you'll
use Chinese wok to prepare Dim-Sum,
and not Souffle!

I won't doubt at all that there are several
daytraders who trade live in the forum,
after having read your revelation, would
incline to point you to the right directions;
if you would only ask. But then again,
I might be just too optimistic. Well, it
just doesn't hurt any worse to ask, right?

vont 
Bangkok

Anyone knows
why Continuum
datafeed is disconnecting
frequently nowadays?

Or is it just
my cpu needs upgrading
or replacing?

vont 
Bangkok

Rich Independence View Post
This is going to be a long read so brace yourself.

Lost again today in trading. The end of my trading career is coming to a close. I got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, my dream of trading and making a fortune is slipping. On the other, the bleeding of money, and most importantly time, is going to stop.

A little background of myself. I began trading on and off for over a decade. I initially started trading after having some success playing poker around 2003, which was around the poker boom. During that time I read some materials over the internet that trading and poker were somewhat similar and after poker started getting more harder due to the stiffer competition, and being generally burnt out from playing, I decided to focus on trading.

During this time I had many different jobs in sales, customer service and tech support. I wanted to succeed in those occupations, but I would end up getting fired eventually. So I would rationalize to myself that trading was the one and only way to get away from the working world. I would read every thing under the sun in regards to trading. Even after all those years, I still wasn't capable of making money in trading.

It's not the end of the world. It's the end of a dream of potential riches. It's a bittersweet moment.

I'm in the process of accepting my circumstances for what they are. I cannot control the outcomes of what happens going forward but what I can control to some extent how I react to those outcomes.

Not going to lie but I am wrecked emotionally.

Now it's time to aggressively look for a new opportunity in terms of a new occupation, a new revenue stream.

There comes a point in time where enough is enough. I think I had had enough now.

There's is a reason why over 90% fail and I'm part of that majority. I'm in the process of accepting that reality and coming to the realization that it's okay.

Coming to accept that business and business related activities like trading is not for me. I gave myself enough time to attempt to make it.

You generally never hear stories of those who didn't make it. You constantly hear stories of those that made it, those who went through tremendous struggles and came out on top, but you never hear stories of those who went through similar struggles and ultimately failing.

We all like to think we're that special person in this world that is different from everyone else.

Acceptance is hard but acceptance is needed to stay sane in my opinion.

I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy. I gave trading my all and it left me financially in ruins, with no friends to speak of and no personal relationships in my mid 30's.

I hope those who are still trading, and not succeeding, eventually make it. Let me live vicariously through your success.

I'm just here to share a story that not everything is sunshine and rainbows. Reality is harsh, there is only few a who can succeed in this game and kudos to them.

Rich, come on, you can do it too.

But only use the Chinese Wok for Peking Duck....

And laser scalpel to lobotomize.... LOL

Give your good self another chance, there are many
profitable traders around here who might help you
without cost toward minimizing your losses and
gaining profitability consistently, perhaps in six months
or so, depending....

geth03 
Cologne+Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw Depth&Sales
Trading: ZN,ZB,ZF,UB,ES

@Rich Independence

thank you very much for sharing your experience with your trading.

man you know what? right now i am in the same Situation. i began live trading on monday.
i made 55EUR on the open. i then stoped for the day bc it was hard analyzing with jigsaw dom
and entering with the original platform dom. so i activated the live execution the next day.
i made about 40EUR or so. then i thought with 2 scalps 95EUR is very good.
why not make 10 more scalps and make 500EUR?
so i became greedy and lost 100EUR on one trade which i shouldnt take. i should have exited much
earlier but i was the Genius right
then the market hit the high of the day. i thought you Need to fade here because the Chance to go back
in middle of the range is high and you will probably make 10 ticks and make your Money back and some more.
just was a decision purely based on luck. no educated decision. not appyling what i knew but just entering a trade
bc of hope. what did the market? stopped me out with 2 ticks loss.

i was such an idiot. i couldnt sleep the night after that. i couldnt pull the trigger yesterday. i couldnt even sleep last
night properly.

but nevertheless, you motivated me really to make a Journal. i will open a Journal and share my trades with my
live account. i think this will prevent me from beeing an idiot with my trading.

king regards

vont 
Bangkok

geth03 View Post
@Rich Independence

thank you very much for sharing your experience with your trading.

man you know what? right now i am in the same Situation. i began live trading on monday.
i made 55EUR on the open. i then stoped for the day bc it was hard analyzing with jigsaw dom
and entering with the original platform dom. so i activated the live execution the next day.
i made about 40EUR or so. then i thought with 2 scalps 95EUR is very good.
why not make 10 more scalps and make 500EUR?
so i became greedy and lost 100EUR on one trade which i shouldnt take. i should have exited much
earlier but i was the Genius right
then the market hit the high of the day. i thought you Need to fade here because the Chance to go back
in middle of the range is high and you will probably make 10 ticks and make your Money back and some more.
just was a decision purely based on luck. no educated decision. not appyling what i knew but just entering a trade
bc of hope. what did the market? stopped me out with 2 ticks loss.

i was such an idiot. i couldnt sleep the night after that. i couldnt pull the trigger yesterday. i couldnt even sleep last
night properly.

but nevertheless, you motivated me really to make a Journal. i will open a Journal and share my trades with my
live account. i think this will prevent me from beeing an idiot with my trading.

king regards

Maybe, just maybe, you ought to fine tune your engine--trading tools and setups, much more than what you currently use to trade with; if you wish to keep on track with the rest of the Formula One drivers. Have your entry and exit much more clearly defined and do not subject either to whimsicality or randomness, K? Best of trading to come, with your improved engine, tools and setups.

geth03 
Cologne+Germany

vont View Post
Maybe, just maybe, you ought to fine tune your engine--trading tools and setups, much more than what you currently use to trade with; if you wish to keep on track with the rest of the Formula One drivers. Have your entry and exit much more clearly defined and do not subject either to whimsicality or randomness, K? Best of trading to come, with your improved engine, tools and setups.

hey, thanks for your tips. i use the jigsaw depth and sales, it is the best tool i have ever seen.
additionaly i use a 1range Chart to track the Price moves better.
i started a Journal, you can watch my first trade there.

i lost Money bc i was an idiot and my emotions took Control of me. not bc of my Setup or my Tools.

vont 
Bangkok

geth03 View Post
hey, thanks for your tips. i use the jigsaw depth and sales, it is the best tool i have ever seen.
additionaly i use a 1range Chart to track the Price moves better.
i started a Journal, you can watch my first trade there.

i lost Money bc i was an idiot and my emotions took Control of me. not bc of my Setup or my Tools.

Alright, I believe you that it was just your whimsicality that caused trading losses.

Not knowing much about jigsaw, and you vowed that jigsaw has the best tool you ever saw?

The best tool in terms of entering a trade, holding a position and/or exiting a trade, or:

the best tool in terms of scaling a winning position, or;

providing a glimpse into the next few seconds before a range bar is going to form,
so as to hold an edge before other traders ever envision where the next 1range Chart
going to fixate it opening?

Your explanation would provide tremendous insight into the inner working of jigsaw
according to you an avid user experientially. Thx much in advance.

Better yet, can you include for all of us eager to become consistently profitable traders,
a screen shot of the best tool that could otherwise have provided positive net profit
for the day? Much thx again.

Looking forward to learn something from your trading screen with much appreciation.

Please do not feel uncomfortable if you decide not wanting to show anything, OK? It is
perfectly alright, many would not care to either for different individual reasons. It is
perfectly acceptable. Regardless, thx much for sharing so much already, K? Have a great
trading afternoon.

geth03 
Cologne+Germany

vont View Post
Alright, I believe you that it was just your whimsicality that caused trading losses.

Not knowing much about jigsaw, and you vowed that jigsaw has the best tool you ever saw?

The best tool in terms of entering a trade, holding a position and/or exiting a trade, or:

the best tool in terms of scaling a winning position, or;

providing a glimpse into the next few seconds before a range bar is going to form,
so as to hold an edge before other traders ever envision where the next 1range Chart
going to fixate it opening?

Your explanation would provide tremendous insight into the inner working of jigsaw
according to you an avid user experientially. Thx much in advance.

Better yet, can you include for all of us eager to become consistently profitable traders,
a screen shot of the best tool that could otherwise have provided positive net profit
for the day? Much thx again.

Looking forward to learn something from your trading screen with much appreciation.

Please do not feel uncomfortable if you decide not wanting to show anything, OK? It is
perfectly alright, many would not care to either for different individual reasons. It is
perfectly acceptable. Regardless, thx much for sharing so much already, K? Have a great
trading afternoon.

go on my journal and you will find 2 trades from me.

vont 
Bangkok

geth03 View Post
go on my journal and you will find 2 trades from me.

That's great.

Where to locate them?

Last Updated on June 21, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts