Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: EPX
Broker: AMP & Edge Clear
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

Grantx View Post
Nicely done. From my perspective it is difficult to make a decision on whether to exit or not as I need to see a whole lot more history to get context. This is a good test to see how your system handles the situation so why not leave it to run?

Yes exactly! I should start including more history in the screen shots. I will start doing that. Thanks for the idea.

And I would also like to note that I welcome any type of thoughts (random or not so random) from You or anyone at all. I think sometimes we may hesitate, out of respect, to chime in on a random trading journal of someone we don't really know. But I always welcome any and all random thoughts of any sort, from you @Grantx or anyone who sees this.

Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time as of late. But feeling a little sickly, too, which is odd. No bueno. I need to go find a beer to whine and cry in. But my point is, I need to spend more time reviewing the posts of others and you @Grantx! I definitely need to spend more time on the boards here. Thank you again for taking notice and taking the time. Cheers mate.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
51 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
21 thanks
Trading with Intuition
18 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8
8 thanks
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

fivewhy View Post
I think sometimes we may hesitate, out of respect, to chime in on a random trading journal of someone we don't really know.

Dont stress about it, peoples journals arent sacred holy ground, jump in and learn as much as you can from this great resource. Ive made a tit of myself a few times but so what, Im here to learn not impress anyone

fivewhy View Post
I need to spend more time reviewing the posts of others and you @Grantx! I definitely need to spend more time on the boards here. Thank you again for taking notice and taking the time. Cheers mate.

Hey no worries fivewhy! You sound like you have a lot of potential. Give to the community by way of a journal so that others may learn from your successes and mistakes. Take from the community by asking questions and getting advice from more experienced traders.

Good luck. Keep trading. Journal. Get involved.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 EgoRisk 

Been a bit lax on updating the thread.

This system had a trade earlier this week on April 19 on CADJPY. It was a short trade that entered at 80.745 at 20:00 chart time. It exited three bars later at 80.841 at 08:00. It exited via the normal exit logic at the open of the bar. This resulted in a -96pt loss.

One thing of note was that the Stoch was indicating oversold. Stoch had hovering around zero line for some time in the lead up to the entry. The slope was essentially flat in oversold range for a bit of time.

I tried to include a bit more history in this pic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	165
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	232553  
 EgoRisk 

The system also had a trade on EURUSD on April 20. This was a long trade which entered at 1.07491 at 08:00 chart time and exited at 1.07592 at 10:13...which was same bar as entry. This was a +101pt gain.

The TS was the exit mechanism, and the TS fulfilled its purpose on this trade by preventing a further loss. Although, it would have been much better if I had set the TP to a lower value. The max unrealized gain was +270pts as can be seen in the tall wick on the entry bar. Ultimately the trade went south, but the TS kept the trade in the profit.

You will notice the Stoch was similar to the above CADJPY trade. No beuno for a long trade, overbought.

From what I've seen and heard lately, it seems a lot breakout systems are having tough times right now in both forex and US equity indexes. That may not completely true, but if that is actually true than I would be heartened by the fact that this system is largely holding its own. Now, by no means is it producing significant profit. But it is not losing great amounts and is close to break even. I need to post a complete trade history in one post. I will try to do that this weekend for a clearer picture.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.png
Views:	165
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	232554  
Thanked by:
 EgoRisk 

I wanted to post another GBPJPY to give a pic of what happened in this consolidation pattern. Price finally broke out of the bottom of the range, but I would hardly call it a true breakout....though, I would also hesitate to call it a pure fakeout. There definitely was not a lot of momentum carrying price out of the consolidation pattern, which we should have known was possible since we had seen two previous fakeouts, one in each direction. Then, I think the price shot up (in a GBP positive direction) due to the Theresa May's announcement of new elections to buttress support and establish a mandate for the Brexit. I think that was a wise move politically (and a surprise), but more importantly, it gives investors confidence...assuming we don't have a surprise result in the elections.

Nevertheless, all it really did was establish a new higher equilibrium point. You will notice we basically have yet another consolidation pattern but at a new equilibrium level.

You might wonder why this system did not enter a short trade as the price was leaving the consolidation range since we had a nice consistent sustained move downward (a non-wiggly trend)...I did. Turns out, it was because we had declining volume as the price was "breaking" out..which is why it was not a true breakout. It was more like an extended long term fakeout that went very far. I guess that shows people are really trying to figure out what's going on and where to put their money, or maybe something else entirely. I presume this means we will be in a consolidation patter on most major/western currency pairs and US indexes most of the summer months. Tho, Sunday's first-round election in France will be quite interesting to watch.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.png
Views:	171
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	232555  

Last Updated on April 21, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts