NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Watching Paint Dry (Bonds and Ninjascript video journal)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SpeculatorSeth with 191 posts (99 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mluka with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rintin2x with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two danielk with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Alexander Savin with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,326 views
    2. thumb_up 115 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 214 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Watching Paint Dry (Bonds and Ninjascript video journal)

SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

Slow movement today ahead of the rollover. I actually had some good trades in there, but I had some trouble with the Ninjatrader DOM. Hopefully I get the rest of my platform issues ironed out so I can use Jigsaw DOM tomorrow.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
17 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
17 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
13 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

Was able to get simulated trading going, and dipped my toes in a bit on ZN. Crazy day to start doing so. Ended the day on a slight loss of 4 ticks, and will continue to be cautious until the December starts. I can't post today's video at this time as I had some recording issues. Will try to fix it and post later.

Very slow bubble up. Was feeling pretty good that I caught a good position on it and held. However, I was looking for a touch of yesterday's POC and it never got there. Some of the biggest prints I've ever seen. Mass amounts of buy volume going nowhere. I missed my exit and scratched. Hoping for better action next week.

Overall great day. Two great winners, one of which had 8 more ticks in it. Of course, it's a bit of luck that the big Flynn news hit the market long after my trading ended. I am not yet convinced the story is as impactful as the market does. I also expect the Senate will pass tax reform today. So I'll wait until Monday's action before making any huge conclusions.

Also news that Bitcoin CME futures are approved. I will record the order flow of the open and first day of trading for sure. It's a bit too pricey for me to trade though. I may look at options if Bitcoin gets to $15,000 and my valuation model still says we're in a bubble.

Pretty proud of myself as I only took one trade, and it was a profitable one. Unfortunately my entries and exits weren't the most efficient so I only took 4 ticks out of it. This is a good example of where I was hoping ZN would help me. Less being faked out.

No video today as I was having platform issues and couldn't take any trades. The early order flow looks like it may have been a massive flattener on the NOB spread. However, the short end of the curve never moved, and we mostly ranged. Highly unusual. I've never seen a move just on the long end, and usually spreads result in larger overall moves in treasuries.

Difficult trading today with interesting market correlations. It seems to me that the market is extremely divided on where things go from where. They really tried to push down the ES today, but it was able to hold. I had a few trades with very inefficient exits, and some longs that I should have held longer leading to overtrading. Despite this I still pulled out a tiny profit.

It's interesting because during this first week at least I've definitely found ZN easier and more consistent to trade. Trades that would lead to 4 tick stop outs on ZB I am sometimes able to get 1 tick winners out of in ZN. Today I traded fairly poorly and I still pulled a profit. However, due to other factors it would be difficult to pass the TST or 1UP combines with it. You could size up to 4 contracts, but commissions would be a big problem. Especially 1UP with the everything is $5 commission. Kind of funny that what is perhaps the best instrument to learn on is difficult to pass combines with.

Not sure what to say about this odd day, but I got 3 ticks profit so there's that.

Not going to analyze it too much as Bitcoin is now reaching my crash imminent levels.

So I continue to make some big mistakes and still come out slightly up on the day. There was a lot of opportunities today so good one to review.

Tight range, not much movement. Tons of selling being absorbed at the VWAP.

Last Updated on August 7, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts