NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NerradC with 219 posts (49 thanks)
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NerradC with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,801 views
    2. thumb_up 55 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 229 posts
    2. attach_file 646 attachments

View Poll Results: Thank you for coming in, your feedback is welcomed!
Too many attachments 0 0%
Too many attachments
0 0%
Too big file size 0 0%
Too big file size
0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z 0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z
0 0%
Need more explanation of Trade setup 3 100.00%
Need more explanation of Trade setup
3 100.00%
it is about right 0 0%
it is about right
0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 87

Hi Traders
nothing else in plan. out of sugar short, still holding ES long

cheers
DarrenC

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

If anyone interested,
i did some studies on my detailed trade log, by looking into details of each and every specific technical identifier, trying to see if any significance in relation to P/L. The review and result is subjective, but i decided to take it as good.

my thought process is simple, certain setups that i used to trade, i will no longer trade it. the sample size of 600+ may not be huge, but i will think it is reasonable. and i do not want to risk my capital to setups that not having positive expectancy over almost 2 years.

so basically on one hand i loosen some criteria that i think, base on my studies, have higher expectancy, on the other hand i make some other criteria more stringent. I do not know if this will reduce my number of trade eventually, but i decided to take the risk and make this changes after much consideration.

Also, if you have seen from other post, i did study my MFE MAE and did some manual backtest using excel to see if a more aggressive trailing stop/smaller initial stop will help me to cut my losers smaller and give me a better equity curve. I have also base on that study, decided to adopt a more aggressive trailing stop during early stage of the trade. at the same time, i will be adding on position more aggressively should thing not getting worse off during early stage of trade by using a smaller stoploss.

some of the study/stats/table/chart i refer to make all these decision are attached for reference. Feel free to take a look, it is not easy to understand bcz my study is not very systematic and it also crossed over almost 2 months to complete this. if any of these of your interest, i m more than happy to have a discussion. Comment always welcome.

i did have some concern about curve fitting and all that, so if you think i was behind any blindspot, i m more than happy to know.

cheers
DarrenC

Thanked by:
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
Thank you for those taking their time on the numerous screenshot, i know it is almost impossible to understand the whole thought process, but i hope by sharing this out, i had made sure i did the best for myself, for being as sensible as possible and as reasonable as possible. Also, hopefully this spurs new idea for some of you when you review your trades.

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
Last night my sugar position stopped out with small profit.

still holding my ES Long.

cheers
DarrenC

Attached Thumbnails
NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-es.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-sb.pdf  
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
today plan is continue holding ES Long, expectation is ES will try higher to hug daily/h4 MPOC 2473 area and hover there.

also i m looking for a short entry on Soybean h1. entrey below 932, stop above 940 for intial risk mgmt

good luck and have fun

cheers
DarrenC

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureS.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	240171  
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
re-attached soybean screenshot:

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
coming in late today. was busy catching out my log after a series of error trade. expected hiccups with new implementation on my strategy and glad that not much damage, just commission and fees. back on track now.
exited Natgas. and exited wheat, went Long, and exited again. double-whammy.

extra homework did kick in after error trades, shame on that more than 3 strikes.

cheers
DarrenC

Attached Thumbnails
NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-es.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-w.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-ng.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-s.pdf  
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
today plan is continue hold my position, cautiously riding the trend, and then slowly and steadily carry out my revised plan.

couple of screenshots on what i have as of now.

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
last night i got into more NQ Long and ended up with 3 more losers from NQ itself. no complaint, no error on these trades, just Long signal been favourable and just not working out.
my coffee sell limit was filled and my stop hold up well untill now, just saw it break into recent low. hopefully can push my stop to positive zone soon.
I also exited soybean Short with tiny tiny profit and turn to Long now. Exited Es long also with ok profit.
earlier on i got into Natgas Short. all details in PDF as usual.

Cheers
DarrenC

Attached Thumbnails
NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-es.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-kc.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-s.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-nq.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-ng.pdf  
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
Today i remain bullish on ES and NQ, with possible entry on current setup. should it turn south going below my h4 box then only i will turn bearish, and likely no entry to catch as far as i can forsee bcz my h1 will not be in sync with h4.

still keeping my coffee short and natgas short, with natgas i consider further add on if h4 get more bearish by closing below h4 box, yet not too far from my h1 box.

still bullish on soybean but i think longer timeframe is still dominated by bear. lets see how it goes.

cheers
DarrenC

Last Updated on December 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts