NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NerradC with 219 posts (49 thanks)
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 justtrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NerradC with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,893 views
    2. thumb_up 55 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 229 posts
    2. attach_file 646 attachments

View Poll Results: Thank you for coming in, your feedback is welcomed!
Too many attachments 0 0%
Too many attachments
0 0%
Too big file size 0 0%
Too big file size
0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z 0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z
0 0%
Need more explanation of Trade setup 3 100.00%
Need more explanation of Trade setup
3 100.00%
it is about right 0 0%
it is about right
0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 87

Hi Traders
Last night i tried to catch 2x Long Gold but only got in one, still holding.
Got really lucky with my 3x Crude all still running as of now
got into Long Euro, 3x but left 2x for now

details as below:

the rest of the markets i have a couple of idea waiting to play out:

cheers
DarrenC

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
Sorry
Euro and Gold the current position screenshot was corrupted some how.
replaced as below:

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
I am now out from Crude and Euro Long. unfortunately Euro was out by 3ticks at the spike lower during Draghi's speech.
still holding my Gold Long 1x

attached details, including game plan for various market.

just bear in mind this is not predictionm but rather my action plan when certain scenario happens.

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
i got out from my Gold Long, and last night late session a Wheat short also stopped out during asian hour.
still looking for short on my Wheat h1, still watching and waiting as of now
attach the details:

the rest of the markets, really nothing much to expect.... will post up if any interesting. even natgas is out of sync now, it gone down too fast

cheers
DarrenC

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MC and Jigsaw
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 3,001
Thanks Received: 2,159

Would you please explain or point me in your journal what method you are using to trade these swings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

I do follow Weekly, daily and 4 hour charts but no strict rules, I will scale in of it goes against me but that can get me in trouble a lot of times even though in the end it will reach my price target but without me in the trade, I am trying to avoid this behavior

Thanked by:
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

bmtrading9 View Post
Would you please explain or point me in your journal what method you are using to trade these swings.

Thank you for dropping by bmtrading9.

I am trading market profile but in a way slightly different to those who look at profile session by session or day to day.
I am using this indicator - TasMarket Profile ( you may search it on Google if you are interested to find out more); basically what it does, it draws 3lines (or we called it a box) when there is a small micro profile formed on your time frame (and probably with some other factors also but i have no access to secret sauce so just my guessing).

So criteria
1. i only trade when both h4 and h1 are on the same side of the box, after the bar close. i look at bar close to avoid ambiguity and for better time management
2. i will wait for a first breakout of a trend, (a trend is defined by the color coding: green uptrend, red downtrend, if price doesnt close to opposite side of box then the trend doesnt change)
3. i will check if there is a so called No-Good-Swing, by looking at the MCAD looking indicator - TasNavigator; no good swing is defined as during the previous trend, the navigator failed to hit at least 20 for long or -20 for short, IF it ever cross the zero line ( the horizontal line, and i give it a buffer 5 to -5 i will review by case). this to me is some kinda momentum check.
4. if above is satisfactory i will start looking for entry, which usually not further away than the box +/- 15% of daily ATR, if entry is too far from box i will have less favourable RR so i will wait for pull back.
5. depend on the market conditions i may use market order or stop order to catch a fast break out, or limit order if i prefer to see more support instead of impulsive move. and i will build up the lot size untill it hit my intended risk as a % of capital, as long as 1-4 is satisfactory.
6. my stop will always be the low of the break out bar or the POC ( middle line of the box), if the risk is more than daily ATR ( meaning the box is very huge) i will pass, again, it means to me infavourable potential RR
7. i will start trailing stop aggressively using new information ( new box or new hi/lo etc) untill my stop is in the money or close to. then i will be less aggressive to trail my stop and start riding the trend. i will start aggressively trailing stop again or scale out after navigator hit 40 for long or -40 for short, where it is considered OB/OS
8. using same method on 10markets, always the same 10markets, i believe there is an small edge. i risk up to 1% of capital per signal but typically 0.5% - 0.75%. so at all time, even if all markets give signal, i will not risk more than 10%. I will consider to trade with bigger risk eventually but not now, i still have a lot to learn.

i hope this give you an idea on how i trade, do let me know if you wish to discuss further on any of these point.

cheers
DarrenC

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

NerradC View Post
Thank you for dropping by bmtrading9.

I am trading market profile but in a way slightly different to those who look at profile session by session or day to day.
I am using this indicator - TasMarket Profile ( you may search it on Google if you are interested to find out more); basically what it does, it draws 3lines (or we called it a box) when there is a small micro profile formed on your time frame (and probably with some other factors also but i have no access to secret sauce so just my guessing).

So criteria
1. i only trade when both h4 and h1 are on the same side of the box, after the bar close. i look at bar close to avoid ambiguity and for better time management
2. i will wait for a first breakout of a trend, (a trend is defined by the color coding: green uptrend, red downtrend, if price doesnt close to opposite side of box then the trend doesnt change)
3. i will check if there is a so called No-Good-Swing, by looking at the MCAD looking indicator - TasNavigator; no good swing is defined as during the previous trend, the navigator failed to hit at least 20 for long or -20 for short, IF it ever cross the zero line ( the horizontal line, and i give it a buffer 5 to -5 i will review by case). this to me is some kinda momentum check.
4. if above is satisfactory i will start looking for entry, which usually not further away than the box +/- 15% of daily ATR, if entry is too far from box i will have less favourable RR so i will wait for pull back.
5. depend on the market conditions i may use market order or stop order to catch a fast break out, or limit order if i prefer to see more support instead of impulsive move. and i will build up the lot size untill it hit my intended risk as a % of capital, as long as 1-4 is satisfactory.
6. my stop will always be the low of the break out bar or the POC ( middle line of the box), if the risk is more than daily ATR ( meaning the box is very huge) i will pass, again, it means to me infavourable potential RR
7. i will start trailing stop aggressively using new information ( new box or new hi/lo etc) untill my stop is in the money or close to. then i will be less aggressive to trail my stop and start riding the trend. i will start aggressively trailing stop again or scale out after navigator hit 40 for long or -40 for short, where it is considered OB/OS
8. using same method on 10markets, always the same 10markets, i believe there is an small edge. i risk up to 1% of capital per signal but typically 0.5% - 0.75%. so at all time, even if all markets give signal, i will not risk more than 10%. I will consider to trade with bigger risk eventually but not now, i still have a lot to learn.

i hope this give you an idea on how i trade, do let me know if you wish to discuss further on any of these point.

cheers
DarrenC

Thanks that's nice information. If may I ask how do you get the CONTEXT in the first place?

Edit: Seems like a good suite. We are all using same concepts but this combines everything nicely. My only concern is if trading swing we need to get the context right first.

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

bmtrading9 View Post
Thanks that's nice information. If may I ask how do you get the CONTEXT in the first place?

Edit: Seems like a good suite. We are all using same concepts but this combines everything nicely. My only concern is if trading swing we need to get the context right first.

I am not sure if i can answer this very well but i try... as this is a very big question.

My rationale (base on my past experience and trading result) is simple, market move from balance to imbalance, all i m doing is riding a move from balanced to the next balanced, within my time frame, which primarily h1.

h4 is confirmation of a trend/direction and h1 give me an idea where and how to enter a position and also give me reference when and where to place stop. i am using small risk (average 1/3 of daily ATR) and look for big move (1 or 2 or even 3 time Daily ATR) so hopefully over long run i have positive edge.
Through my records and observation, i believe this kinda GOOD RUN do exist in my time frame, all you need to keep on placing your bet (of course i mean following your plan and without losing your head over time) with proper risk management. The RUN typically come in very sustainable fashion (i.e. balanced to next slightly higher balanced to next slightly higher balanced area without must wash-out/correction) Or the RUN come in very explosive/impulsive manner (i.e. immediately leave the balanced area and keep on going without looking back).
so patient is key, to sit tight and wait for good setup to place your bet, patient to ride the trend;
and endurance another key, lick your wound alone very often, untill you make a come back with some deadly strike...

i enjoy this discussion very much. thanks alot!

cheers
DarrenC

Thanked by:
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi Traders
I have not yet gotten a clear shot on Wheat ( to short) still watching. other than that nothing much on Friday.

Today, i have done some hypos, as attached. I try to give a little more explanation in simple way, hopefully you guys can have a better idea of what i m looking for to trade:

good luck

Cheers
DarrenC

Last Updated on December 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts