NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Time based /ES trading log - goal 100k

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one pathania with 32 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 6,565 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 35 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

Time based /ES trading log - goal 100k

pathania
Bear,de

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 7

I am not kidding the Goal is 100k , this might take 2yrs . ya and that is sim account only so I am excited.

Each day/week I will show my program trading , technically i will need $2000 to start this.
But it will compound . But how , there has been a hidden thing in the futures trading which I have noticed , these are arches or period of straight green days upward , happens after compression. People call them ladders etc.

Here is example of Last Oct till now Oct , there are total of 8 arches . If I can get all of them or some of them I will be positive and ready to push further each year.

Also link to collective to track performance:

https://collective2.com/details/113633879

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arc futures.png
Views:	451
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	241253  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

pathania
Bear,de

Today was big day for the move it got people on surprise - must be apple launch or hurricane no fear . but program went in long at 2470 and came out at 2487 , woof woof. 17 pts

Here is the strategy working for last 4 days . Account is $2850. I am not adding the last 2 days.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	some_log.png
Views:	396
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	241254  

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

pathania View Post

Also link to collective to track performance:

https://collective2.com/details/113633879

I clicked your link. It said it was a "test" strategy not visible to the public.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
pathania
Bear,de

it is Trial Strategy so right now i will be only able to see it , also the strategy in collective need some time to build history so people can simulate and subscribe , and u never know which one gets most of the hits , but keep trying .

Today it did not take any trades good enough.

pathania
Bear,de

Today was day where u buy high and pray it does not come down , 1 trade total , 1 pt only . Meanwhile i got interested on some winning strategies on collective .i created a new strategy which buys dip holds the position for few days and fine tuned it on hourly. Nice one 173 trades jn last 4yrs . Also i have to add some of magic to avoid the losing months like 8/2015 and some more , overall brought the drawdown to -6.5% and i am happy

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

pathania
Bear,de

This is how it looks on 30 mins chart , and luckily I have the best month 8/17 of the year to simulate was best with 3 dips bought perfectly but now I am kicking myself why can't I come of this one before.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DIP_BUY ON 30 MINS.png
Views:	402
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	241349  
pathania
Bear,de

The secret to dip buying is simple , it is volatility , if ATR is high above 20 which normally happens during selloff's don't buy it. Simple as I have seen the selloffs are rapid , very fast on 30 mins, ATR rises very fast , normal investors run at this moment and come back when ATR is back to normal. So that is one piece of it , to avoid the bear fast moves. What about slow declines , well ATR is to low to enter in those moves , god forbid if you get trapped by a single trade and that is not end of world. It either has to have some leverage to recover or stop get hit which is 25 pts.

Exit: Is simple either RSI above 70 or SMA cross.

Scaling: I kept scaling of this to 10k per contract , which is pretty decent for overnight hold of contracts , it does not hold more than 3 days, which is good thing.

Thanked by:
pathania
Bear,de

Scaling this on 5K is so amazing just cannot stop posting this , it needs a good month and contracts just add like anything.
Well this is a engine which feeds itself full like a monster , to design these kind of programs , I need to be careful abou bad months , imagine u are on 50 contracts and bad months comes , you will cut down to 10 contracts .

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	performance.png
Views:	371
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	241352   Click image for larger version

Name:	performance2.png
Views:	345
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	241353   Click image for larger version

Name:	performance3.png
Views:	338
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	241354  

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Interesting. Good luck! I will be following your progress.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 15, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts