NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JMP3 Trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JMP3 with 53 posts (132 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 7 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AnvilRob with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jackbravo with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JMP3 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 AnvilRob with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jackbravo with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,190 views
    2. thumb_up 154 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

JMP3 Trading

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Most excellent, and your theory makes a lot of sense. I'm trying to absorb as much of this high-level thought process as I can. Any methods you use to determine these areas when a fast moving bar is not involved? Areas of prior congestion?

I'll go back through your charts and see if I can pick up more that way as well. Thanks @JMP3!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

JMP3 
rochester new york

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 263
Thanks Received: 359

Rrrracer View Post
Most excellent, and your theory makes a lot of sense. I'm trying to absorb as much of this high-level thought process as I can. Any methods you use to determine these areas when a fast moving bar is not involved? Areas of prior congestion?

I'll go back through your charts and see if I can pick up more that way as well. Thanks @JMP3!

Shane, I'm headed out for lunch but I'll give you a quick answer. If there is an area where price has been congested for a while then you see a sudden drop, not just a 1 bar drop but 2 or 3 bars, then when price returns this would be what I consider a great supply area. I'll find an example chart when I get back, JP.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

One Important item to notice is the NYSE Tick at 2:46 pm EST. The tick showed an overbought level at approx the 700. Knowing that there is a strong likelihood that price will usually reversal somewhat at the 127% fib extension and that the NYSE Tick was overbought, the logical conclusion for me was to exit my trade with plus 30 ticks.

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Rrrracer View Post

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

I went over all your old charts and have a pretty good feel for what you're looking at. I've pretty much been doing the same sort of thing, just highlighting the congestion areas and noting that's where price got hung up, but I have yet to gain a firm understanding of the underlying forces behind them. Your explanation has given me new insight, much thanks!

I suppose that's the sort of thing that you pick up after doing it for 10 years Since you have no trading plan on paper (I'm in that club LOL) I would imagine you have a high degree of confidence in your intuition. This is ultimately what I'm trying to build; mine has served me well in just about all other aspects of life and I feel it has to be an integral part of my trading.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Rrrracer View Post
I went over all your old charts and have a pretty good feel for what you're looking at. I've pretty much been doing the same sort of thing, just highlighting the congestion areas and noting that's where price got hung up, but I have yet to gain a firm understanding of the underlying forces behind them. Your explanation has given me new insight, much thanks!

I suppose that's the sort of thing that you pick up after doing it for 10 years Since you have no trading plan on paper (I'm in that club LOL) I would imagine you have a high degree of confidence in your intuition. This is ultimately what I'm trying to build; mine has served me well in just about all other aspects of life and I feel it has to be an integral part of my trading.

I would imagine being a professional racer you already have a natural intuition. With trading it does not come overnight. So it does take time to hone in on your trading intuition. Having forums like this helps speed up the process.

I've spent the last 10 years trading futures as a part time fun hobby. Before that I was trading QCOM and Applied Micro Circuit as a young kid. I did not have a computer to trade with, I had to send in my entries to my broker via Smoke Signals

JMP3 
rochester new york

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Because of the selloff in the YM the Hidden Divergence Power Play for a long trade was taken as a scalp. In a market like this Price can turn on a dime, 20 Ticks for today, JP.

Edit... There are 4 types of Divergence. When I get a chance I'll give all 4 examples on a chart, JP.

JMP3 
rochester new york

Last Updated on May 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts