NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

M6E Micro Euro futures friendly competition

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jackbravo with 74 posts (207 thanks)
    2. looks_two JMP3 with 72 posts (162 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 68 posts (175 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AnvilRob with 64 posts (149 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FlyingMonkey with 3.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jackbravo with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JMP3 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,607 views
    2. thumb_up 1,149 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 423 posts
    2. attach_file 226 attachments

Search this Thread

M6E Micro Euro futures friendly competition

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

@JMP3, modified Schiff on the upward sloping pitchfork? That looked like a good spot for a trade.

I'm just sitting on my hands for now, observing the game and possibly looking for a HTF entry long for a swing. The daily is showing a HH/HL, but slightly parabolic and not terribly convincing. It looks like there's still a lot of room to run up, but when that may happen...? Who knows. Thus I sit and watch.

I like to be in on the action, but doing so has led me to make many mistakes that were easily avoidable. Apparently this is a psychological foible of mine; acting impulsively has been a boon to my career in racing and business, but with trading I need to learn when to use it and when to keep it stowed away.

The thought of getting in on a nice swing trade is kind of exciting in it's own way.. but the waiting is the hardest part LOL. I inherently want to scalp in between. Patience, young Padowan...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

JMP3 
rochester new york

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 263
Thanks Received: 359

Rrrracer View Post
@JMP3, modified Schiff on the upward sloping pitchfork? That looked like a good spot for a trade.

I'm just sitting on my hands for now, observing the game and possibly looking for a HTF entry long for a swing. The daily is showing a HH/HL, but slightly parabolic and not terribly convincing. It looks like there's still a lot of room to run up, but when that may happen...? Who knows. Thus I sit and watch.

I like to be in on the action, but doing so has led me to make many mistakes that were easily avoidable. Apparently this is a psychological foible of mine; acting impulsively has been a boon to my career in racing and business, but with trading I need to learn when to use it and when to keep it stowed away.

The thought of getting in on a nice swing trade is kind of exciting in it's own way.. but the waiting is the hardest part LOL. I inherently want to scalp in between. Patience, young Padowan...

With FOMC looming it's best to just sit on your hands no matter how good a setup looks. The daily chart definitely shows excellent structure. However, taking a trade now can be devastating. The upward sloping pitchfork is not with a modified schiff, although I use the schiff frequently. It's a normal pitchfork, I then added a matching Parallel just above it.

The hardest part of this business (Hobby for me) is the psychological aspect. Being patient is very Important. It's better to wait for price to meet your structure than to jump in early. God knows I've made this mistake many times in the past.

By the way, what do you race?

Headed back out for lunch, JP.

Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

JMP3 View Post
The hardest part of this business (Hobby for me) is the psychological aspect. Being patient is very Important. It's better to wait for price to meet your structure than to jump in early. Gods knows I've made this mistake many times in the past.

By the way, what do you race?

Thanks, I'm slowly but surely taking my lumps and figuring this out Hanging out with you guys is definitely helping shorten my learning curve.

I was into circuit racing sports cars when I was younger (SCCA, NASA.) Both sprint and endurance races, mostly Mazdas because of sponsorship but also some time with Porsche, Subaru, Ford, etc. Did some rally, drifting, drag racing, a little stock car stuff.. you name it.

Good times, but haven't raced in a few years. Now I just run my business, which is building cars, driver instruction and having hooligan fun cutting hot laps on track.

That said, learning to trade has been the only endeavor that has captivated me enough to consider doing something else.

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Rrrracer View Post
Thanks, I'm slowly but surely taking my lumps and figuring this out Hanging out with you guys is definitely helping shorten my learning curve.

I was into circuit racing sports cars when I was younger (SCCA, NASA.) Both sprint and endurance races, mostly Mazdas because of sponsorship but also some time with Porsche, Subaru, Ford, etc. Did some rally, drifting, drag racing, a little stock car stuff.. you name it.

Good times, but haven't raced in a few years. Now I just run my business, which is building cars, driver instruction and having hooligan fun cutting hot laps on track.

That said, learning to trade has been the only endeavor that has captivated me enough to consider doing something else.

I heard racing is an expensive sport. I have a friend who did race at Walkins Glenn in NY a few years ago. I would drive down with him in his 911 turbo and watch him race his 944. He had a crew with a huge trailor that was pretty much a rolling garage.

The closest thing I had was a zo6 vette, which I sold a few years ago. Looking to pick up another one in a couple of years. I had it professionally lowered an inch and a half, added a Bassani exhaust system with Corsa mufflers, that baby rumbled, torch red and clean as a whistle. I'm also looking at the new Shelby Mustang.

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

It's just like trading... you can make a small fortune by starting with a large one

Can't really go wrong with either one of those picks... both are mean machines for sure.

No trading for me today, just watching. Nice range day to take a few scalps, but I'm trying to stay away from that activity LOL.

Ozquant
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Thanks Given: 167
Thanks Received: 380

OK My algo almost completed . still little work to do to put final polish on it but tests up ok for the over fitted curve that it is , be an interesting experiment to see how a over optomised algo goes , tested around 50,000 parameter combos , just a litte more work on money management and be ready to go , This is the test from dec1 to today , i expect it to improve slightly once final version completed .. Once done i will just auto trade and post trades daily , wont be posting em live as this will still be trading in my sleep

Thanked by:

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

I did some trading yesterday, experimenting with larger stops. Ooops. Made some of it back, ending -$11. Overall, I'm bullish on EUR, but trying not to let that get in the way of trading.

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
ZapBrannigan
Reading UK

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 66

Good trading jackbravo. Apologies for the hindsight analysis especially considering my lack of context in this case but structure always provides great opportunities and reinforces the 'trade what you see' theme.

Thanked by:

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

ZapBrannigan View Post
Good trading jackbravo. Apologies for the hindsight analysis especially considering my lack of context in this case but structure always provides great opportunities and reinforces the 'trade what you see' theme

Yea, you're right. It was an overnight trade for me, so wasn't watching the price action. That would've been a good trade.

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Started this thread Reply With Quote

JMP3 
rochester new york

Good Morning Fellow Traders, Long @ 1.2083, Target @1.2113 x 2 contracts.
This was a simple breakout trade from an area of congestion. Pitchfork was set to "Modified Schiff", JP.

Last Updated on March 28, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts