Search this Thread

Buying/Selling Pressure...

netarchitech
NY, NY

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 19

wldman View Post
Happy this is working out for you.

Is the thing you are working on the KVO? I thought it might be but I'm not a code guy. Post a pic of what you have working, love to see it.

Dan

Hey there wldman,

Thanks for the kind words To answer your question, I've been stripping away all of the accumulated cruft on my charts and exploring a minimal approach, as shown below:

I am trying to focus on price and volume. As such, I am currently evaluating the KVO (a/k/a VForce), as it has indicated divergence nicely at the top of OSTK...

I am also evaluating Buying/Selling Pressure to see what signals that indicator may provide...

Other than those, as you can see, 3 moving averages and a volume histogram and that is it

One last thing...I plan on checking out/incorporating Volume Spread Analysis, so I'll post an update if developments warrant...

Enough about me and my meager efforts...how about you? I hope this reply finds all going well for you...

netarchitech

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,069
Thanks Received: 9,556

I like the path you are on.

My stock charts are down to one indicator. More importantly a WEEKLY time frame.

Is Volume Force actually another name for KVO? I remember thinking that from the code you had a problem with. Are those two the same? I love the blue on blue BTW.

Bar color is that based on the MA or is it Hieken Ashe?

Great everything is straightened out with that code snippet.

Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
netarchitech
NY, NY

Hey there wldman,

One MA and a weekly time frame...very impressive...so much for me thinking I was "minimalist"...hahaha

Yes, KVO == VForce...Given that VForce is an actual component within KVO, I'm hoping Mr. Klinger won't mind...

Alas, it would be great if everything worked out with one code snippet, but there are more issues (VSA) to resolve yet

netarchitech

Sylifis
los angeles california usa

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I appreciate the coding for the Volume pressure; I modified the code by adding Price and EMA averages. I day trade and use this code on my 4 minute chart. The Code for the volume must be the same time, ie, 4 minute or whatever is preferred and selected by edit studies. Just paste into a new create under studies. Some extra code is left in to play with; If Vol Gray and Price Gray, but EMA 9 > EMA21, I may use that signal to sell 1/2 and wait to see if trend continues, too often I tend to sell to quickly losing profit potential, the EMA gives me a better buffer.

#MUST ADJUST TIME FRAME OF THIS FORMULA TO MATCH CHART;

input vPeriod = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;

def O = open(period = vPeriod);
def H = high(period = vPeriod);
def C = close(period = vPeriod);
def L = low(period = vPeriod);
def V = volume(period = vPeriod);

def SV = V * (H - C) / (H - L);
def BV = V * (C - L) / (H - L);

AddLabel(yes, "Buyer Vol Strong ", if high > high[1] and low > low[1] and BV*1.05 > SV then Color.GREEN else color.GRAY);

AddLabel(yes, "Seller Vol Strong", if high < high[1] and low < low[1] and SV*1.05 > BV then Color.MAGENTA else color.GRAY);

AddLabel(yes, "Price Strong ", if high > high[1] and high [1] > high[2] and low > low[1] and low[1] > low[2] then Color.GREEN else color.GRAY);

AddLabel(yes, "Price Weak", if high < high[1] and high[1] < high[2] and low < low[1] and low[1] < low[2] then Color.MAGENTA else color.GRAY);

declare upper;
input price = close;
input displace = 0;

input EMALength1 = 9;
input EMALength2 = 21;

plot upper = ExpAverage(data = price[-displace], length = EMALength1);
upper.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
plot lower = ExpAverage(data = price[-displace], length = EMALength2);
lower.SetDefaultColor(Color.BLUE);
AddCloud(upper, lower);

def iscolormeBuy = upper >= lower;
def iscolormeSell = upper <= lower;

#def iscolormeWaiting = high<=high[1] and low >= low[1];

#AddLabel(yes, Concat (if iscolormeBuy then " EMA9 > EMA21: " else "", COLOR.BLACK));

#AddLabel(yes, Concat (if iscolormeSell then " EMA9 < EMA21: " else"", COLOR.BLACK));

#AddLabel (iscolormeWaiting, " WAITING FOR BEST TIMING: ", if high <= high[1] OR low >= low[1] then Color.YELLOW else Color.BLUE);

#AddLabel (iscolormeWaiting, " WAITING FOR BEST TIMING: ", IF high <=high[1] and low >= low[1]then Color.GRAY else Color.YELLOW);

AddLabel(iscolormeBuy, " EMA9 IS STILL GREATER THAN EMA21 :" , if UPPER >= LOWER + .1 then Color.GREEN else Color.BLACK);

AddLabel(iscolormeSell, " SELL SIGNAL EMA9 LESS THAN EMA21: ", if UPPER <= LOWER - .1 then Color.MAGENTA else Color.BLACK);

Thanked by:
netarchitech
NY, NY

Sylifis View Post
I appreciate the coding for the Volume pressure; I modified the code by adding Price and EMA averages. I day trade and use this code on my 4 minute chart. The Code for the volume must be the same time, ie, 4 minute or whatever is preferred and selected by edit studies. Just paste into a new create under studies. Some extra code is left in to play with; If Vol Gray and Price Gray, but EMA 9 > EMA21, I may use that signal to sell 1/2 and wait to see if trend continues, too often I tend to sell to quickly losing profit potential, the EMA gives me a better buffer.

@Sylifis,

Thanks for the enhancements to the script and trading tips...

netarchitech

Last Updated on February 17, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts