NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Print values only when they met a condition


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,917 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
jlsegsan
Madrid
 
Posts: 10 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Apologies in advance I am an absolute beginner

I coded a simple indicator to plot 3 moving averages
Then I add the condition of the first 2 crossing
I want to apply this indicator to the Radar where I have selected some values
My info extraction would be very simple at first:

- Future / Stock - Date - Value at which the 2 Moving Averages have crossed
but get data extraction only in the date in which I have a crossing, I don't need the Dates and Values without any Moving average crossing

I have managed to write the Plot part, even the Condition, but I don't know how to code the Print part

Your help would be really appreciated

My coding:

Inputs:

Price (Close),
Length1 (2),
Length2 (11),
Length3 (22),
ConfirmBars( 1 ) ;

Variables:

FileName (" "),
Counter( 0 );
{ Plot1 Averages on chart }

Plot1 ( AverageFC(Price , Length1), "Avg1");
Plot2 ( AverageFC(Price , Length2), "Avg2");
Plot3 ( AverageFC(Price , Length3), "Avg3");


if AverageFC(Price, Length1) > AverageFC( Price, Length2 ) then
Counter = Counter + 1;
if Counter = ConfirmBars then


Print ("Date -",ELDateToString(Date)," Avg1", Plot1:3.3, " Avg2", Plot2:3:4, " Avg3", Plot3:3:5) ;
If Currentbar = 1 then Print(File("C:\TestTemp.txt"),"Date - ",";"," Avg1 ",";"," Avg2 ",";"," Avg3 ") ;
Print(File("C:\TestTemp.txt"), ELDateToString(Date),";", Plot1:3.3, ";", Plot2:3:4, ";", Plot3:3:5) ;


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


jlsegsan,

check this thread: . @Big Mike this thread can probably be closed as duplicate.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 2, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts