NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Where do you get the idea on short options?


Discussion in Options

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,975 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 sinpeople 
Singapore
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TDAmeritrade
Trading: Options On Futures
Posts: 45 since Aug 2017
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

Hi Folks,

Besides the newsletter of James Cordier, any other place has similar newsletters?
Thank you for your info.

Best Regards
David


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653



sinpeople View Post
Hi Folks,

Besides the newsletter of James Cordier, any other place has similar newsletters?
Thank you for your info.

Best Regards
David

Carley Garner makes trading suggestions including short options for their customers.

But: I do not think it is a good idea to trade others suggestions. Some of them are probability good, others misleading. I prefer to study fundamentals and to find the trades myself.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 sinpeople 
Singapore
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TDAmeritrade
Trading: Options On Futures
Posts: 45 since Aug 2017
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have been on Carley's list for some while. It seems to me most of her trading idea is in Synthetics, which is a short option position + a futures position. I seldom see pure premium collection tactics so far.

If possible, could you please give some links for the study of futures fundamentals? I saw there are quite some seasonality charts in James Cordier's newsletter. I'd like to collect information from there and make the seasonality and end stock numbers of my own.


Thanks again.

-David


myrrdin View Post
Carley Garner makes trading suggestions including short options for their customers.

But: I do not think it is a good idea to trade others suggestions. Some of them are probability good, others misleading. I prefer to study fundamentals and to find the trades myself.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653


sinpeople View Post
Thank you for your suggestion.

I have been on Carley's list for some while. It seems to me most of her trading idea is in Synthetics, which is a short option position + a futures position. I seldom see pure premium collection tactics so far.

If possible, could you please give some links for the study of futures fundamentals? I saw there are quite some seasonality charts in James Cordier's newsletter. I'd like to collect information from there and make the seasonality and end stock numbers of my own.


Thanks again.

-David

Carley posted a lot of naked option trades until some time ago, when volatility became lower. I myself also reduced the percentage of short option trades in my account.

Please have a look in my thread "Diversified Option Selling Portfolio". Here you will find a number of suggestions regarding fundamentals. Probably the most popular one is the report of Dave Hightower, which is distributed by many brokers free of charge.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 9, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts