NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,864 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

guidoisot View Post
Hi, welcome back.
Thanks for continuing to share on this thread your market analysis insights.

I suppose the questions I am asking here are perhaps too nive ... please be patient, ... please reply only if you happen to have some spare time

How can you tell it is just one! big buyer, with Jigsaw? with bookmap? or with any order flow visualizer? I understand you talk about market maker as if it was one single entity, but aren't sometimes mm one fighting one against the other, or is the "old Europe"'s DAX too small for such a circumstance?

what do you mean by "first held bid?

"the buyer left" and what is it going to do now with all the purchased assets? going to buy again later on at a lower price?

this is not too clear to me also

if it is possible, maybe by using larger charts you could embed some of your comments directly on the charts, that should make it easier to understand your points (at least for inexperienced people like me)

Thank you.
Best.

I can see the order is big and they are actually filled, so it must be a big entity. Or it could be many participants all agreed to buy into a single level. For me it is the same. A strong level is a level where big volume is traded. You could use Jigsaw or S5bookmap. But a footprint chart, in most cases, is good enough.

First held bid is a bid holding in the face of a big sell market order.

The buyer left means after it sold off his holding at the high, he is not interested in holding up the market anymore. So I don't see strong bid holding anymore. I have attached a marked chart to visualize the idea.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
OrderFlow-Based Support/Resistance Levels
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
EG Indicators
8 thanks
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Today is another day you should trade without your bias.
Most people come into this session with a bearish bias. But the strong buyer showed up multiple times holding the bid firm.
By raising the bid higher and higher, it is able to squeeze the bears with the maximum pain and making himself a nice profit.

This is what we call trading not investing. It is not about picking tops and bottoms, but about following the tape. Let the tape talking to you and you just follow the lead of the tape without any pre-conceived judgement or bias.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-25 (13).png
Views:	158
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	250089  
Thanked by:

gisot 
Milan, Italy

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Trading: ES, Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 385
Thanks Received: 178

shrekchenbin View Post
... Let the tape talking to you and you just follow the lead of the tape without any pre-conceived judgement or bias.

also imho this make perfect sense. It is something I should stick in capital letters on top of my monitor.

it looks like it is essential to have and to become familiar with the right set of tools in order to do that.

I have been using some time ago a nice market profile tool, doing many of the charting I see on this thread, but then I was often asked to pay for upgrades ..... so I had to drop it

I read somewhere, some time ago, that NT has plans to add a default market profile tool to the platform. This sounds great. Let's hope it will be designed also for enabling/simplifying this type of listening to the "tape talking".

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Bearish rotation in DAX when I was having my lunch. You can see that the strong buyer present the whole morning was there no more. This has opened doors to lower prices.

Thanked by:

gisot 
Milan, Italy

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Trading: ES, Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 385
Thanks Received: 178

tresuries appears to be really pusihng up hard, both in delta, and price and in overall demand index
in your opinion is this something anticipating some kind of "flight to safety", ie a bearish start of the day for equities.
or, again, is this just another fake message?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ZN 06-18 (100000 Volume) 2018_05_25.png
Views:	139
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	250095  
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

guidoisot View Post
tresuries appears to be really pusihng up hard, both in delta, and price and in overall demand index
in your opinion is this something anticipating some kind of "flight to safety", ie a bearish start of the day for equities.

Guidoisot,
It is really unusual that Bonds shoot up so strongly. It is going to drag down equity for sure.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

guidoisot View Post

And drive up dollar and Gold.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

ES broke down from the two week range. Two scenarios in play here.
1. The break down is false and it has created a spring trading through the whole range and broke the high ultimately. This is possible but much less probable;
2. It retraces higher and find a massive supply near or at the two week VPOC 2718 level.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

A emotional selling yesterday has turned into a buying opportunity.

Now ES has 2720 level in the cross-hair. I am going to watch reaction from that level to gauge the possibility of further extension.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-05-30 (17).png
Views:	137
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	250244  
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

This morning DAX has tested the prior day's POC/VPOC 12760 level by a sudden down thrust when the liquidity is low. Hence the market maker has the upside in mind, because the stop run usually runs counter to the market maker's real intention.

If DAX would trade lower then the second scenario would come into play that it could retest 12727.5 area, last Friday's VPOC, before shooting higher.

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts