NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Michael Valtos Orderflows software

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RickW00716 with 10 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two CHRISBOW with 9 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 9 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Tangotx with 8 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cory with 3.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 CHRISBOW with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 RickW00716 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 73,809 views
    2. thumb_up 138 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 122 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Michael Valtos Orderflows software

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 311

faithdefender View Post
Well, one more reason to think more about your advice- My NT platform kept freezing up so today, I added RAM. I dont know whether to laugh or cry. My machine ID changed AGAIN after adding memory. Now I have to contact every Vendor and hope they dont charge their fee. At least I dont have to worry about contacting Valtos since I had never heard back from him from the last machine id change..

Regarding changing machine ID, have you considered a VPS? I know it has it's own pros and cons, but for some use cases it's very good. It's the only way I've found to keep a static machine ID because on my personal computer it would always change, sometimes even when plugging in a usb stick.

Back in 2020 my machine ID kept changing and also had to keep emailing vendors that weren't responsive. I finally switched to Ninja Mobile Trader VPS, and the machine ID hasn't changed since starting 3 years ago. They even added more RAM to my setup so now I've got 32gb RAM for running quick strategy optimizations, and still same machine ID.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 119

planetkill View Post
Regarding changing machine ID, have you considered a VPS? I know it has it's own pros and cons, but for some use cases it's very good. It's the only way I've found to keep a static machine ID because on my personal computer it would always change, sometimes even when plugging in a usb stick.

Back in 2020 my machine ID kept changing and also had to keep emailing vendors that weren't responsive. I finally switched to Ninja Mobile Trader VPS, and the machine ID hasn't changed since starting 3 years ago. They even added more RAM to my setup so now I've got 32gb RAM for running quick strategy optimizations, and still same machine ID.

@planetkill-That was a great response. I had never heard of this. I will look for more information. As someone suggested earlier, just replace the platform. I am about ready to do this if the id changes again. It would be like a triple Oy Vey! I like indicators, but as mentioned, I have never had this problem with any other platform. Do you have a link to more info?

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 311

faithdefender View Post
@planetkill-That was a great response. I had never heard of this. I will look for more information. As someone suggested earlier, just replace the platform. I am about ready to do this if the id changes again. It would be like a triple Oy Vey! I like indicators, but as mentioned, I have never had this problem with any other platform. Do you have a link to more info?

There's many VPS providers out there, personally I'm with https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/ because they include help with NinjaTrader, I can't tell you how many times they've helped me with NinjaTrader errors, where no one else was responsive or helpful, they've been the best.

Last Updated on March 1, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts