NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Generic Trade review (update)


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,747 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
VMtrader
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
 
Posts: 12 since Aug 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

I haven't posted in several years; I didn't realize that this forum changed names. Anyways, I promised to give an update of my experience at Generic Trade. First of all they got a whole new set of platforms since my review and are due for a new mobile platform soon supposedly. Also, my trading has increased substantially. I trade mostly ES and occasionally other indices with them. It's been a wild ride for the last couple of years and I'm having a great time Over the past few years there have been some trading issues. There was a big one that was the CME's fault, one that affected most firms - a ddos attack at the isp level and a couple of times there was a data/platform issue that was local. In all cases, it was a lot easier to deal with than when I was at IB or some other firms, because I could just go to the support desk and they had all of the info, since all the technology from my computer to the exchange is one company, Certigo. Other places, I dealt with the blame game. The firm said I had to contact the platform vendor and they said it was the data vendor's fault etc. Meanwhile I had no idea what was going on with my positions - a nightmare to be sure. Also, in the last 6 years or so, I haven't received one call from a broker trying to upsell me, since they don't even have brokers. My fees have not changed one bit and the service has been great for my needs. I still have accounts at other firms like TDA/TOS if I ever want to do options, since they are a bit weak and of course for stocks, but for basic day trading, Generic Trade has been fantastic.


Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
xplorer's Avatar
 xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Posts: 6,339 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 16,037
Thanks Received: 16,239


@VMtrader

Please post in the appropriate review thread, without creating unnecessary duplicates.



Closed Thread



Last Updated on October 2, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts