NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Gauntlet journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 186 posts (474 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 30 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oneuptrader with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Yukoner with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two KillerJukeBox with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 57,220 views
    2. thumb_up 617 thanks given
    3. group 47 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

My Gauntlet journal

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

RDK91 View Post
Alright, i just received my login credentials and i will be trading again from tomorrow!

Good luck to you!

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Boilmakrjs 
Indianapolis, IN

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, IB, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 45

RDK91 View Post
Alright, i just received my login credentials and i will be trading again from tomorrow!

Can't wait - this journey was awesome and best of luck with the real deal!

Thanked by:
 RDK91 
Antwerp

First day done, unfortunately not a great start.

Down -$362,6 in this first day, however nothing to worry about.
Well within my loss limits i have set for myself.

RDK91 
Antwerp

A slow day for me, i missed some nice action in the time between the end of my Gauntlet and the set up of this account.
Hopefully the markets isn't going back to the very slow day's i had during the last 2-3 weeks of the Gauntlet!
I need some action !

Total loss for today -$88,8.

Edit: i had one more trade yesterday ($200 loss). That is why my starting balance today doesn't match the end balance from yesterday's post.

RDK91 
Antwerp

What a day, i had huge lagg problems with my Rithmic dom, i had to restart Rithmic multiple times during the session before it stopped lagging like crazy. I am not sure if it was/is a problem with my desktop, internet connection or something else but it was very very frustrating and costed me close to 200$.

Once everything started working normal again i had 1 more losing trade so i am going to quit for today, i want to avoid bad trades out of frustration. My first 3 day's so far where horrible, so far i haven't had any decent signals ... 2 break evens and all other trades where losers so far.

Some nice moves today after a few range channels however nothing i could take advantage of.
Total loss for today -$303,2. No reason to panic just yet but things need to change soon, just 1436$ draw down left.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Only 1 legit trade for me today, i did 2 but the first one shouldn't have been done, it was too late to exit break even so it resulted in a loss. The other trade was a good one, however i closed it early since it looked like the market was going in a range, instead it ended up going +20 points in my direction ...

Anyway, the losing streak is broken now so hopefully this is the end of it as well .
Something wrong with Rithmic today, it seems like it did not reset my P&L from last Friday.

As you can see in my screenshot it says P&L -$257 but this is incorrect, as you can see the balance went up from last Friday.
The profit for today is $46,2 .

Edit: I have spent the weekend slightly adjusting my trading system, just a tiny bit. However this should result in more consistency and less losing trades.

RDK91 
Antwerp

Another useless day for me with little volatility.

Total loss for today -$83,20.

Yukoner 
Vancouver Island, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: T4, IB, TD Ameritrade
Broker: Stage5
Trading: ES CL RTY Stocks
Thanks Given: 163
Thanks Received: 130

RDK91 View Post
Edit: I have spent the weekend slightly adjusting my trading system, just a tiny bit. However this should result in more consistency and less losing trades.

Some friendly advice to be very careful here.., in a drawdown it becomes very tempting to start to tweak the very thing that got you success in the first place.
Personally, I am very focused on eliminating mistakes/errors and find that is a huge help

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 RDK91 
Antwerp

Yukoner View Post
Some friendly advice to be very careful here.., in a drawdown it becomes very tempting to start to tweak the very thing that got you success in the first place.
Personally, I am very focused on eliminating mistakes/errors and find that is a huge help

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanks, that is exactly what i have done here. The system is still 100% the same, i just focussed on avoiding some of the losers.
Since i started my live account there has been very little volatility and my system needs volatility to perform well.

However, you are right. I will do some more backtests to see if the change i made actually would have improfed my Gauntlet result or not.

dyst 
Singapore

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: ES, CL, NG, XAUUSD, USDJPY
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 91

I had the same problem with rithmic! I was in winning CL trade short, then d/c (due to lag issues?) then when I got back it hit my TSL... I would have flattened it if I were not dc for 6mins it barely missed my TP by just 2 ticks!

Informed e2t. My european friend also told me he has rithmic issues at times...

RDK91 View Post
What a day, i had huge lagg problems with my Rithmic dom, i had to restart Rithmic multiple times during the session before it stopped lagging like crazy. I am not sure if it was/is a problem with my desktop, internet connection or something else but it was very very frustrating and costed me close to 200$.

Once everything started working normal again i had 1 more losing trade so i am going to quit for today, i want to avoid bad trades out of frustration. My first 3 day's so far where horrible, so far i haven't had any decent signals ... 2 break evens and all other trades where losers so far.

Some nice moves today after a few range channels however nothing i could take advantage of.
Total loss for today -$303,2. No reason to panic just yet but things need to change soon, just 1436$ draw down left.

Numbers work... Magic lies in the numbers

Last Updated on July 16, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts