NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Gauntlet journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 186 posts (474 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 30 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 oneuptrader with 15 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Yukoner with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RDK91 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two KillerJukeBox with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Yukoner with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dyst with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 57,318 views
    2. thumb_up 617 thanks given
    3. group 47 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

My Gauntlet journal

dyst 
Singapore

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: ES, CL, NG, XAUUSD, USDJPY
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 91

You're welcome and yes I ever asked Ryan too before I signed up. He told me same.

I also remember they used to track 2 kinds of DD (the drop from 25k initial balance) and the one from account highs though now they stopped tracking the second one. It was in those old letters of offer which they posted in their homepage though now they have updated it.

oneuptrader View Post
Excellent info Dyst. This now confirms my initial thoughts.

Numbers work... Magic lies in the numbers

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

RDK91 
Antwerp

dyst View Post
You're welcome and yes I ever asked Ryan too before I signed up. He told me same.

I also remember they used to track 2 kinds of DD (the drop from 25k initial balance) and the one from account highs though now they stopped tracking the second one. It was in those old letters of offer which they posted in their homepage though now they have updated it.

Ryan just confirmed me they are using the DD from highest point to calculate the offer you will receive, this is what i was talking about.

The 10% DD to lose the account is based on the starting balance, the DD from highest point is used to calculate the performance and so the offer you will receive.

Here is a quote from the message Ryan just send me:

"The PEAK drawdown (drawdown from highest profit watermark) is only used by Helios to formulate the best offer."

oneuptrader
Florida

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 16

RDK91 View Post
Ryan just confirmed me they are using the DD from highest point to calculate the offer you will receive, this is what i was talking about.

The 10% DD to lose the account is based on the starting balance, the DD from highest point is used to calculate the performance and so the offer you will receive.

"The PEAK drawdown (drawdown from highest profit watermark) is only used by Helios to formulate the best offer."

So let me get this straight. I can be at 26K and have a 2K drawdown, but once I get to 28k and only have a 100.00 drawdown, they are looking at the latter rather than the former? That makes zero sense.

dyst 
Singapore

Omg really? So Alex is confused... I wld have to earn 8k profit if I lost 2k after earning 4k?

And yes that's the term you are right - Peak DD except I no longer see it anywhere.
Any idea why they stopped showing it? I am checking again on the page brb

RDK91 View Post

oneuptrader
Florida

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 16

dyst View Post

Well, apparently we are getting bad information because Ryan owns both companies. I think I would take his word over Alex. They need to spell this out, because it's not obvious.

Thanked by:

dyst 
Singapore

You are right. I am wondering why in the Gauntlet terms, they did not use the correct term 'peak drawdown?'
It would definitely help avoid confusion.

oneuptrader View Post
Well, apparently we are getting bad information because Ryan owns both companies. I think I would take his word over Alex. They need to spell this out, because it's not obvious.

RDK91 
Antwerp

dyst View Post
You are right. I am wondering why in the Gauntlet terms, they did not use the correct term 'peak drawdown?'
It would definitely help avoid confusion.

Here is what Ryan said to me:

"Hi! For the 10% max drawdown AND the Gauntlet refund guarantee, it's based on the drawdown from initial starting capital. The PEAK drawdown (drawdown from highest profit watermark) is only used by Helios to formulate the best offer."

So both the 10% max draw down to lose the account and the Gauntlet refund guarantee seem to be based on draw down calculated from initial balance (25K).

However Helios does use draw down from high point to calculate overall performance during the Gauntlet and the make an offer based on those numbers.

dyst 
Singapore

Bro, sorry for spam >.<
But wow this is too exciting your thread will be v popular
EDIT: I just read what you posted (the words at bottom)

OK so Alex was right... on the refund xD
It is nice we gained a better understanding of the whole process. hehe

RDK91 View Post

RDK91 
Antwerp

oneuptrader View Post
So let me get this straight. I can be at 26K and have a 2K drawdown, but once I get to 28k and only have a 100.00 drawdown, they are looking at the latter rather than the former? That makes zero sense.

Let me give you an example.

Let's say you start trading the Gauntlet and you go from $25000 up to $26000, from there on you have a few losing day's and now your balance is $23400. Now you have used 6,4% from the maximum 10% draw down from the initial starting balance ($1600), and you are down 10% from the highest point you had. If you go straight up from there without any more losing trades, you have to make at least 25,6% return to be eligible for a Gauntlet refund (6,4% DD from starting balance vs 25,6% return from starting balance is 1:4).

The DD you have experienced from the highest point is used by Helios to evaluate your overall performance to calculate the offer you will receive, in this example your overall performance would be 25,6% return with 10% DD ($26000-$2600).

RDK91 
Antwerp

dyst View Post
Bro, sorry for spam >.<
But wow this is too exciting your thread will be v popular
EDIT: I just read what you posted (the words at bottom)

OK so Alex was right... on the refund xD
It is nice we gained a better understanding of the whole process. hehe

Yes, Alex was right about the DD calculation for the refund, and my explanation was correct about DD being used from highest point to calculate the final offer you receive.

Both a little wrong and a little right Glad it is all clear now! Based on this almost everybody should be able to get a Gauntlet refund

Last Updated on July 16, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts