NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Coding help for my simple strategy in EL


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,518 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Pitrader 
Canada
 
Posts: 12 since Feb 2011

I was wondering if someone could help me writing a strategy in EL. It’s fairly straightforward (no bells and whistles).
Basically what I need is this.

When I press Ctrl 0 a buy order will be placed 1 tick above the current bars high (the one that is currently unfolding) and place a stop 10 ticks down form that price.
When I press Ctrl 1 a buy order will be placed 1 tick above the high of the bar 1 bar ago and place a stop 10 ticks down form that price.
When I press Ctrl 2 a buy order will be placed 1 tick above the high of the bar 2 bars ago and place a stop 10 ticks down form that price.
When I press Ctrl 3 a buy order will be placed 1 tick above the high of the bar 3 bars ago and place a stop 10 ticks down form that price.

When I press Alt 0 a sell order will be placed 1 tick below the current bars low (the one that is currently unfolding) and place a stop 10 ticks up form that price.
When I press Alt 1 a sell order will be placed 1 tick below the low of the bar 1 bar ago and place a stop 10 ticks up form that price. Etc.

Any help would be appreciated.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 manualtrader 
California
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Posts: 73 since Dec 2011
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 96


This is what I like to have too, Buy one tick above previous bar High, and Sell one tick below previous bar Low. There are third party for NT, but I could not find one for Multicharts or Tradestation.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 29, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts