NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 128 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 216,586 views
    2. thumb_up 419 thanks given
    3. group 1,283 followers
    1. forum 518 posts
    2. attach_file 40 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 56

NinjaTrader View Post
You will unlock the ability to connect to multiple brokerages simultaneously, such as TD Ameritrade. If you enable your TDA account for market depth, then this is what's needed to fuel the order flow tools.

Now the fun begins trying to see if I have market depth through them. I know I have level II via them. I guess I will find out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 581

NinjaTrader View Post
Depth Map will only use 1st level of depth when using equities, this is not a limitation of the feed itself. That said, https://www.kinetick.com is what we recommend for stock data feed for NinjaTrader.

thanks for the support , send a memo to the development team , the order book heat map is lagging the leaders in the field . fix that or buyout book map.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

Is there a list somewhere that explains exactly what is available from the free EOD kinetic data feed? I am unable to find a list anywhere.

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

forrestang View Post
Is there a list somewhere that explains exactly what is available from the free EOD kinetic data feed? I am unable to find a list anywhere.

Do you mean a list of available markets?

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

NinjaTrader View Post
Do you mean a list of available markets?

That would help.

For example, I kind of want to look at the YM(emini-dow)... and I'm wondering IF the continuous symbol is available(YM ##-##)... at least I think that is the symbol.

I'm also wondering what type of data is available(Intraday or just Daily).

The other day, I was able to find a stock called BDX, daily data from 2009 from the kinetic EOD feed.

Essentially... I'm just looking for something that explains what is available from the kinetic, free EOD feed.

Site Sponsor

forrestang View Post
That would help.

For example, I kind of want to look at the YM(emini-dow)... and I'm wondering IF the continuous symbol is available(YM ##-##)... at least I think that is the symbol.

I'm also wondering what type of data is available(Intraday or just Daily).

The other day, I was able to find a stock called BDX, daily data from 2009 from the kinetic EOD feed.

Essentially... I'm just looking for something that explains what is available from the kinetic, free EOD feed.

1. Yes, continuous is available.
2. Only Daily (Intraday requires a subscription)
3. For a list of supported symbols, you can use the search tool here - https://kinetick.com/Help#!Help_SymbolSearch

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Thanked by:
 bobc635 
Tucson

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage5
Trading: CL, YM
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 233

Ray, I have owned and used NT since the early days of NT7 and have always been an advocate. Thanks for continuing to innovate and improve the platform. I think your support team is very good. The idea of vertical integration of your business to include the FCM should be great for all users... when we have issues, there is one place to seek an answer... Thanks!

I recently submitted a request for a new capability (SFT-1224). I would like the ability to program an ATM to use a derivative of an indie. For me, I would like to use the slope of a MA. Yes, I can and have used the concept in strategies, but I would like to have this work for a manual trade as an ATM. I am curious what your thoughts on the concept might be.

Thanks
Bob

Site Sponsor

bobc635 View Post
Ray, I have owned and used NT since the early days of NT7 and have always been an advocate. Thanks for continuing to innovate and improve the platform. I think your support team is very good. The idea of vertical integration of your business to include the FCM should be great for all users... when we have issues, there is one place to seek an answer... Thanks!

I recently submitted a request for a new capability (SFT-1224). I would like the ability to program an ATM to use a derivative of an indie. For me, I would like to use the slope of a MA. Yes, I can and have used the concept in strategies, but I would like to have this work for a manual trade as an ATM. I am curious what your thoughts on the concept might be.

Thanks
Bob

Thanks for your long term support!

My personal opinion is that this desire crosses over into what we feel NinjaScript is used for. I understand that comes at the expense that a user would need to be proficient in programming. I might have a different view if we saw more people even using the "attach indicators" to an order feature. I thought that this would be a breakout feature with NinjaTrader 8 but it has been truly a bust.

Thanked by:
 bobc635 
Tucson

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage5
Trading: CL, YM
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 233

I am surprised that it is a bust. I use it on occasion when I get into a nice run. I just discovered the ability to attach using chart and the control key... Very Cool...

Thanks Ray...
Bob

RossMurray 
Ottawa Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: nt8,tws
Broker: Interactive Brokers, CME EQUOTES
Trading: YM,ES
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 112
Thanks Received: 45

I use and have used CME E-Quotes (https://www.cme-equotes.com/) for market data the data is real time and direct from the exchange, I also participate in the Globex incentive program. The charts that I trade on are generated on this platform. (trading using tick data)

Presently I use my Interactive Broker account for real time data to my NinjaTrader program, I use Ninja Trader to generate my pattern charts.

I only trade the ES and YM contracts.

The problem with Interactive Brokers Data it is not a true Tick-by-Tick data feed. IB provides snap shots of the trade data several times a second with an aggregate of the trades that took place during that interval. As a result time-based charts (e.g. 5 minute charts) will be correct, however, a Tick Chart constructed using IB data will not.

I have held a account with Interactive Brokers for over 20 years and never have had a issue with opening and closing trades Interactive Brokers supports pricing for several incentive programs available through the CME (Globex) so the fees and commissions are very attractive.

Is there a way that I can connect the data feed from the CME to NinjaTrader (8) ?

Last Updated on April 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts