NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 128 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 218,180 views
    2. thumb_up 419 thanks given
    3. group 1,283 followers
    1. forum 518 posts
    2. attach_file 40 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

jayson 
p.dickson

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT,MC,MT
Trading: ES,CL,GC,6E,
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 1

calm down. just go to https://www.yodlee.com/ and learn more about it, it been used by 1500+ companies not just Ninjatrader.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 122

If this is true, this does not make me happy. One more institution that wants to profit off of their customers. The customers who make them rich. I am losing faith in NinjaTrader. With all of the new platforms, maybe I need to cut ties and look around?

I have already been upset that they let almost anyone do a webinar for the customers. They expose us to indicators that just dont work most of the time. But we have no way of knowing unless we buy them. I purchased something called the CPX2 as a result of watching a webinar. Funny thing is, the indicator is a piece of doodoo on Forex and what makes me laugh is when you go to the webinars, he uses TradeStation for his platform. "Do as I sell, not as I use".

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,528
Thanks Received: 26,292

ArbTrader View Post
I am a NT lifetime subscriber and brokerage customer. Today, I wanted to initiate deposit into my account and saw NT will be requesting, by Yodlee, my account balance, transaction history, payments, rewards, etc.

Isn't payment for NT lifetime license and ongoing brokerage commissions enough that you have to collect and sell my personal data?

This is a recent change; I should be able link account for transactions with my broker and not agree to sell my data and personal information to a third party .i.e Yodlee

@NinjaTrader, can you or someone on your team comment on this matter?

It appears from the screenshot included by @ArbTrader that Ninja is asking for bank information (balances and transactions) that many people would not be willing to provide. It is also not clear how this would be used by the third party firm that is involved, nor by NT itself.

It may be completely innocent and just a misunderstanding, but it is causing some interest and alarm, and should be clarified so your customers and potential customers know how things stand.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 122

jayson View Post
calm down. just go to https://www.yodlee.com/ and learn more about it, it been used by 1500+ companies not just Ninjatrader.

O, I see. So if it has been used by others that makes it ok? With all due respect, some people do not care about their privacy and some do. I am ok with your position so why not be alright with mine? Thank you

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

We appreciate the opportunity to comment, how a company uses your personal and private data is important to understand.

NinjaTrader requires the information listed below for the following reasons:

Account Numbers & Account Names
  • To verify the institution & party sending funds to NinjaTrader and to send back withdrawal requests when requested
Balances, transactions and rewards
  • To verify that the amount they are sending NinjaTrader is in fact available to be transferred to the trading account
  • Transactional data is needed in case those transactions pose a material change to the balance being transferred to the trading account

NinjaTrader nor Yodlee do not sell information about their consumers:

https://www.yodlee.com/company/data-promise
  • We are not a Personal Information broker and do not sell information that identifies consumers. We do not sell advisor-derived consumer data. When an investor engages with a fiduciary advisor, the investor permissions the advisor and the supporting institution(s) to see their data; client-specific data is not shared with any other parties.
  • Our customers and their end users can be assured that information identifying a particular consumer is only provided directly to our customers in connection with those specific end user permissioned services.
https://ninjatrader.com/privacy-policy-clearing
  • NinjaTrader will not sell personal information regarding our current or former customers

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Dasani 
United States of America

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

Am I understanding this correctly as Ninja Trader wants to know the transactions in your personal bank account? If so, this is Big Brother at work.

And how many transactions do they want to get ahold of? Like how many years worth?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Dasani View Post
Am I understanding this correctly as Ninja Trader wants to know the transactions in your personal bank account? If so, this is Big Brother at work.

And how many transactions do they want to get ahold of? Like how many years worth?

Reading carefully, this appears to be current day (most recent business day), and appears to be in order to verify that the funds to be transferred will be actually available. (For instance, verifying there is no pending transaction that would draw the balance down.)

That's what the screenshots provided by @ArbTrader specifies, and what @NinjaTrader stated. From reading what was provided by Chase, it looks like all they will send is the current balance. It appears that verifying that the funds are available is the point.

If that's in fact what is involved, it isn't anything like what it appeared at first blush. I think it is understandable that people would be alarmed, given the initial impression. But verifying the presently available funds, if that's all that is done, is reasonable, and necessary.

I don't know more about any of this than anyone else, one way or the other, other than what has been presented here, and am not involved in any case. But that's how I'm reading this. Anyone who isn't sure can of course talk to NT support or post their concerns here. If you have concerns about your money or privacy, make sure you can get them responded to.

Bob.

Thanked by:

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

bobwest View Post
Reading carefully, this appears to be current day (most recent business day), and appears to be in order to verify that the funds to be transferred will be actually available. (For instance, verifying there is no pending transaction that would draw the balance down.)

That's what the screenshots provided by @ArbTrader specifies, and what @NinjaTrader stated. From reading what was provided by Chase, it looks like all they will send is the current balance. It appears that verifying that the funds are available is the point.

If that's in fact what is involved, it isn't anything like what it appeared at first blush. I think it is understandable that people would be alarmed, given the initial impression. But verifying the presently available funds, if that's all that is done, is reasonable, and necessary.

I don't know more about any of this than anyone else, one way or the other, other than what has been presented here, and am not involved in any case. But that's how I'm reading this. Anyone who isn't sure can of course talk to NT support or post their concerns here. If you have concerns about your money or privacy, make sure you can get them responded to.

Bob.

I think you're right. But it is an unfortunate wording if so. It says the day's balance, comma, posted transactions... not the "day's posted transactions..." I too would find this as disturbing as @Dasani has

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

chipwitch View Post
I think you're right. But it is an unfortunate wording if so. It says the day's balance, comma, posted transactions... not the "day's posted transactions..." I too would find this as disturbing as @Dasani has

Companies have to be very, very careful, precise and clear when they talk about anything connected with people's money. I went back and re-read this, and it could be taken to just mean any "posted transactions" from any time, not just "the most recent business day." I don't think it's what is meant, but it could. (Also, Chase is saying that they will only send "Your account name, type number and routing number" and "Your account balance.")

That's why I asked @NinjaTrader to explain, and I think the explanation is clear that it's about transactions that could affect current availability of funds. Again, I have no knowledge outside of what we have seen here, but I think this is the meaning that makes sense. I am also willing to accept @NinjaTrader's word on it, frankly, that they just want to make sure that the money's there.

I agree that being concerned is reasonable if you just see mention of "transactions" and if it isn't clear what is involved.

Anyone who isn't clear should make sure they are satisfied, obviously, and should get whatever clarification they need from NT to be sure they understand the situation.

Bob.

GoodTrading
Loja, Ecuador

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 33

NinjaTrader View Post
We appreciate the opportunity to comment, how a company uses your personal and private data is important to understand.

NinjaTrader requires the information listed below for the following reasons:

I just wanted to try out the software and I was told by the support team in emails that I had to provide:

Residential Address Verification (Utility Bill or Bank Statement)
Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Verification

Maybe I am crazy but I am not in the habit of giving my SSN to trading platforms.

Last Updated on April 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts