NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Easy Trailing stop?


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,419 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Cabdoctor 
Sacramento CA/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, Sierra Chart
Trading: Emini ES
Posts: 10 since Jul 2019
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Maybe I'm missing something completely simple but I am not seeing anything close to a normal trailing stop command/function in thinkscript. Am I missing something or is there an easy way to implement this? Thank you in advance.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kjhosken 
Seattle, WA/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TS
Trading: Forex, crude
Posts: 96 since Sep 2016
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 35


Cabdoctor View Post
Maybe I'm missing something completely simple but I am not seeing anything close to a normal trailing stop command/function in thinkscript. Am I missing something or is there an easy way to implement this? Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure in what context you mean, there is a trailing stop order and there is a built in trailing stop strategy. But in terms of a programmed function, no, there is not one. However, you can open the code for the default and copy that.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 24, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts