NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TSSuperTrend Strategy error

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one john2000 with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Trader.Jon with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zoethecus with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Azzzz with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jabeztrading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zoethecus with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 rptrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Azzzz with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,040 views
    2. thumb_up 11 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

TSSuperTrend Strategy error

rptrader 
MN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 466
Thanks Received: 81

john2000 View Post
rptrader,

I'm struggling with a similar issue, however on a different strategy. I get the following errors (see attached). It's something very basic that is missing . . . I'm sure. I wrote Ninjatrader Forum, and they suggested putting a "Print . . ." statement in front of the suspected code line. I tried this, but it just highlighted what I already knew, which is the code line that's placing the order.

My buy order is well above the market price when placed. However when price touches my Stop Price the order is rejected. I suspect it has to the with the fact that the price bar is still forming during live testing. The reason I suspect this because when I do historical testing, the Stop Order does executes.

If I figure it out, Ill post it here, or PM you.

John,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that I'm not the only person with issue. Even though it's bad to know that it's actually happening. I think it's a decent strategy, if we can get the entry to be a market order on the bar close.

Please let me know if you come up with anything.

rptrader

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

kkfx 
Mumbai, India

Platform: MT4, NT8,TradingView
Broker: AMP
Trading: Index,currencies
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 160

rptrader View Post
John,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that I'm not the only person with issue. Even though it's bad to know that it's actually happening. I think it's a decent strategy, if we can get the entry to be a market order on the bar close.

Please let me know if you come up with anything.

rptrader

Check this strategy based on anaSupertrend indicator on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT). There is an additional filter of stochastics with supertrend. You will need to download anaSupertrend and median indicator for the strategy to work.

rptrader 
MN

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 466
Thanks Received: 81

indiantrader View Post
Check this strategy based on anaSupertrend indicator on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT). There is an additional filter of stochastics with supertrend. You will need to download anaSupertrend and median indicator for the strategy to work.

indiantrader,

Thank you. I'll check it out. Have you been using it? If so, has been doing well?

Thanks
rptrader

Last Updated on October 7, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts