NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How to set up MACD trend in TOS


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,982 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Trentide
Los Angeles, California
 
Posts: 2 since Nov 2019
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hey There, This is my first post, so be gentle!! I'm a bit of a newbie and I'm looking to add this type of filter to my scan. One of the criteria I would like to find is whether the MACD average line is bullish (on average) over 10 bars. If it is, then this would be a stock that I would keep in the search results. By the way, this would be one of a few criteria I would have in this particular scan.

Thanks for checking out my post! Any and all help is appreciated!!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 trepidation 
San Jose, California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Posts: 139 since Apr 2018
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 167

How do you define bullish? Above the zero line?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
Trentide
Los Angeles, California
 
Posts: 2 since Nov 2019
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0


Above zero sounds like a good start. I guess I need to define it in terms of how the scanner operates. But basically, my thoughts were an upward trend.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 trepidation 
San Jose, California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Posts: 139 since Apr 2018
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 167

I'm having technical difficulties with my ToS. I might not be able to look into this indicator for a couple days.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 21, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts