NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Current bar inside real body of prior bar


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,845 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
mikog8tor
Rochester NY USA
 
Posts: 8 since Dec 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I am trying to do a very simple 2 bar alert where I am looking for a red candlestick from 1 bar ago and a green current candlestick.

if Open < Close and Open[1] > Close[1] and
Open > Close[1] and Close > Open [1] then

This is working find but what I need is for the current candlestick opening to be in the real body of the prior candlestick and this current code is giving my stuff that also gaps up along with ones that open inside the prior days bar.



I know it's probably not the most elegant but new to easy language. Any help is appreciated.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


mikog8tor,

what are you checking for with the second code line? Is this intended to check for the Open to be within the body?
In that case I would check the second part to Open < Open[1].

Regards,

ABCTG


mikog8tor View Post
I am trying to do a very simple 2 bar alert where I am looking for a red candlestick from 1 bar ago and a green current candlestick.

if Open < Close and Open[1] > Close[1] and
Open > Close[1] and Close > Open [1] then

This is working find but what I need is for the current candlestick opening to be in the real body of the prior candlestick and this current code is giving my stuff that also gaps up along with ones that open inside the prior days bar.



I know it's probably not the most elegant but new to easy language. Any help is appreciated.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
mikog8tor
Rochester NY USA
 
Posts: 8 since Dec 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0


ABCTG View Post
mikog8tor,

what are you checking for with the second code line? Is this intended to check for the Open to be within the body?
In that case I would check the second part to Open < Open[1].

Regards,

ABCTG

Ah that fixed it I think!! Will give it a test and see how it goes. Thanks for the super fast response.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 24, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts