NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,610 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,525
Thanks Received: 26,292

srgtroy View Post
Totally agree with you about the blind trust requirement. We actually shouldn't need a law. We should have leaders with the moral clarity to do it voluntary. But obviously, on a practical level, we do need the law, and we need to extend it to Congress as well, given all the Congress people on both sides of the aisle who sold their stocks after a classified Intel briefing.

What we have, which is not enough, is the fact that this kind of thing does tend to come out, and once it goes under the microscope it becomes hard to keep it invisible.

There was no need for a law until now, because it was just the thing to do, as was understood by everyone.

If there is anything to the hydroxychloroquine financial connection, that will be found out eventually. It just shouldn't be something that is even possible.

Same goes for Congress, and anyone in a position of public trust.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

bobwest View Post
What we have, which is not enough, is the fact that this kind of thing does tend to come out, and once it goes under the microscope it becomes hard to keep it invisible.

There was no need for a law until now, because it was just the thing to do, as was understood by everyone.

If there is anything to the hydroxychloroquine financial connection, that will be found out eventually. It just shouldn't be something that is even possible.

Same goes for Congress, and anyone in a position of public trust.

Bob.

Indeed, a whole lot of norms have been shattered, ones that will now have to be codified into law.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.
Thanked by:

Mabi 
sweden

Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

I dont think any and sain person in goverment position have the slightest thought that they need to make money on Corona virus drugs and their Funds is in most cases managed anyway by third party which ofcourse must be okey. Seems this Malaria drug causes that eldery sick people condition can instead worsen rapidly when administered so Sweden stop using it due to an interveiw with a Head doctor weeks ago.

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,014

Hydroxychloroquine is not a cure, it effects virus multiplication rate and therefor something recommended for "medical staff" treating large number of corona patients in hospitals so they can reduce rate of virus multiplication due to repeated exposure in their own body. In their case benefit outweighs the risk.

Its problem is that it causes QT prolongation, in layman terms it means "fast chaotic heartbeats".
Which can trigger many more complications, especially if you already have heart related issues.

One other drug called "Ivermectin" is also being tested, its pesticide and its usually used for killing of tapeworms in body, in primary lab testings (not human) its shown to reduce virus multiplication by 100's of folds.

Neither of the above is actually yet recommended treatments on patients as testing is pending. I've no idea why suddenly world went crazy over it and started hoarding, BUT I want to make it abundantly clear here that both of these drugs are extremely dangerous depending on your own body condition, do not self medicate and do not buy them unless your doctor recommends it. It might kill you faster than corona itself if you do that, one doctor in India died due to side effects from Hydroxychloroquine
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/coronavirus-in-india-guwahati-doctor-dies-after-allegedly-taking-hydroxychloroquine-1661535-2020-03-30

I'm only posting this to caution people from buying and taking it going by news headlines. Journalism has really gone down the drain worldwide.
Stay safe, don't self medicate and don't panic. This will go away.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Thanks Given: 11,345
Thanks Received: 2,747

LastDino View Post
Hydroxychloroquine is not a cure, it effects virus multiplication rate and therefor something recommended for "medical staff" treating large number of corona patients in hospitals so they can reduce rate of virus multiplication due to repeated exposure in their own body. In their case benefit outweighs the risk.

I didn't notice the Dr. or M.D in your profile?

Perhaps the best option would be to allow your personal physician decide how to administer treatment options.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,014

DavidHP View Post
I didn't notice the Dr. or M.D in your profile?

Perhaps the best option would be to allow your personal physician decide how to administer treatment options.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to promote.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Masking Freedom

Tyranny abundant

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,510
Thanks Received: 15,436

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/corona-bonds-reasons-why-germany-and-the-netherlands-oppose-the-idea.html

For a number of weeks now, some countries in the EU have argued for a debt instrument (by some dubbed "corona bonds") to help curb the economic fallout from Covid-19.

France, Italy and Spain are among the supporters of the idea.

Germany, Finland, The Netherlands and Austria oppose the idea.

I would be very interested in the views of FIO users around this - especially keen to read opposing points of view about the subject.

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,510
Thanks Received: 15,436

xplorer View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/corona-bonds-reasons-why-germany-and-the-netherlands-oppose-the-idea.html

For a number of weeks now, some countries in the EU have argued for a debt instrument (by some dubbed "corona bonds") to help curb the economic fallout from Covid-19.

France, Italy and Spain are among the supporters of the idea.

Germany, Finland, The Netherlands and Austria oppose the idea.

I would be very interested in the views of FIO users around this - especially keen to read opposing points of view about the subject.

This news article has just come out

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-eurogroup-finance-ministers-agree-on-500-billion-emergency-fund

Nonetheless I'm still interested in opposing views on this.

Thanked by:

Mabi 
sweden

Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

Here is some news from Sweden as of yesterday that i looked at this morning. ( I am expat working in Shanghai area )

1. Social distancing in Stockholm restaurants is not working. They became crowded when sun came out 2 days ago. Prime minister was pissed of and will look in on how to close them since really there is no law that can force people to stay home.

2. Total deaths are the same as last year statistics at the same time without Corona Virus and Flue season 2 years ago it was actually much worse 2-3 times higher even thought Vaccination program was rigorous. Since this info is public Social distancing is less effective amoung younger generation.

3. Corona testing amoung sample groups indicate that 5-10% of total population is currently infected. Thats up to 1 million. This is also inline with Normal flue seasons and there is noway to stop it you can only delay it. Ongoing test will try to determain how many have already been infected. Swedish system is total all databases from all areas in goverment including hospitals can be runned together.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts