NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,775 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,523
Thanks Received: 26,292

Belly View Post
Hello everybody

i would like to know something please:
when i try to add an indicator from sim22, it says me in nt8 "some scripts will be executed automatically in your pc":
i ask myself if it is dangerous for nt8 or my pc ?
because last year, i had a sim22 indicator from ninjatrader ecosystem i think, i dont really remember, and the name not more, it was about macd, and nt8 could not work some days later, i had to reinstall nt8
so im wondering if sim22 indicators are safe or not
Of course, i dont know sim22 and i got nothing against him, it is just to be sure ^^
And i really appreciate the work he is doing: a lot of indicators that seem to be excellent for the community
thank you for your help
have a nice day

HI @Belly,

I understand you don't recall the name of the indicator from last year, but are you asking this about another indicator you are thinking about installing now? If so, can you provide any more specific information about the current indicator you are concerned with? If possible, can you also attach the indicator to a post here so it will be clear which one you mean.

I don't know of any particular issues about the sim22 indicators, but if you can get back with more information, it can be referred to members in the programming community here to see if any light can be had on the question.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 581

Belly View Post
Hello everybody

i would like to know something please:
when i try to add an indicator from sim22, it says me in nt8 "some scripts will be executed automatically in your pc":
i ask myself if it is dangerous for nt8 or my pc ?
because last year, i had a sim22 indicator from ninjatrader ecosystem i think, i dont really remember, and the name not more, it was about macd, and nt8 could not work some days later, i had to reinstall nt8
so im wondering if sim22 indicators are safe or not
Of course, i dont know sim22 and i got nothing against him, it is just to be sure ^^
And i really appreciate the work he is doing: a lot of indicators that seem to be excellent for the community
thank you for your help
have a nice day

WHO KNOWS , you can delete the indicator and or ninjatrader and reload . The indicator scrip my be in your down load manger on your computer , you had to down load it frist then import it to ninja trader ??? correct ? If not do a internet search and try to find anther one . Or delete ninjatrader and repeat the process . Other opions are post the problem on the ninjatrader help forum or to the tread on this forum from the Nijatrader rep.. ask me any thing . hope it helps , happy trading . I have a program that will scan down loads and or detect problem web sights , If you are going to be down loading trader stuff from the internet it will help .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 tm10 
QC

Platform: NINJA TRADER
Trading: E MINI RUSSEL AND ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 65

Serc23 View Post
Hello, someone has EMA color indicator for ninja trader 7? Thanks

did u find this indicator or still looking for it.

mariafp
Annecy, France

Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 90

What is a "performance account," please?

I have been confused, reading members’ journals here, by the abbreviation "PA." I had always taken it as meaning "price action" and was slow to understand from contexts that it can also stand for "performance account."

I understand (I think!) that it’s something that is not an "evaluation account" (I know what that is, from the funding company context), and also isn’t (I think?) a "funded account," but I don’t know what it actually is.

I did not want to ask this question in the Journal of anyone using PA to mean "performance account" because I do not wish to take the risk of appearing to be criticizing anyone else’s use of English, since my own English is clearly not good enough to do that!

Thank you in advance for any kind replies.

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 801
Thanks Received: 1,193

mariafp View Post
What is a "performance account," please?

I have been confused, reading members’ journals here, by the abbreviation "PA." I had always taken it as meaning "price action" and was slow to understand from contexts that it can also stand for "performance account."

I understand (I think!) that it’s something that is not an "evaluation account" (I know what that is, from the funding company context), and also isn’t (I think?) a "funded account," but I don’t know what it actually is.

I did not want to ask this question in the Journal of anyone using PA to mean "performance account" because I do not wish to take the risk of appearing to be criticizing anyone else’s use of English, since my own English is clearly not good enough to do that!

Thank you in advance for any kind replies.

It's what a funded account is called at Apex

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
mariafp
Annecy, France

Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 90

Miesto View Post
It's what a funded account is called at Apex

Aha, I see! Thank you very much, I had not realized it was something so specific.

Thanked by:
 Belly 
Nantes, France

Platform: Ninjatrader
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 2

bobwest View Post
HI @Belly,

I understand you don't recall the name of the indicator from last year, but are you asking this about another indicator you are thinking about installing now? If so, can you provide any more specific information about the current indicator you are concerned with? If possible, can you also attach the indicator to a post here so it will be clear which one you mean.

I don't know of any particular issues about the sim22 indicators, but if you can get back with more information, it can be referred to members in the programming community here to see if any light can be had on the question.

Thanks.

Bob.

Hello,
First of all i would like to apologize for the delay of my response and say again english is not my native language
So, sorry for the delay, i had to do some things unexpected and i was thinking about my post
I found finally the name of the indicator:
(RightClick_ExtractMeFirst)_Sim22_MacdBBV4.0.0_NT8.0.4_Feb2017.zip
And it is from a site , a forum when i dont know if i can quote it here or post a link to this forum ?
Thank you for your patience, have a nice day

Belly 
Nantes, France

Platform: Ninjatrader
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 2

forgiven View Post
WHO KNOWS , you can delete the indicator and or ninjatrader and reload . The indicator scrip my be in your down load manger on your computer , you had to down load it frist then import it to ninja trader ??? correct ? If not do a internet search and try to find anther one . Or delete ninjatrader and repeat the process . Other opions are post the problem on the ninjatrader help forum or to the tread on this forum from the Nijatrader rep.. ask me any thing . hope it helps , happy trading . I have a program that will scan down loads and or detect problem web sights , If you are going to be down loading trader stuff from the internet it will help .

Hello , as i said in the previous post i am sorry for the delay of my response
and about my english
i remember now it is this indicator: (RightClick_ExtractMeFirst)_Sim22_MacdBBV4.0.0_NT8.0.4_Feb2017.zip
and i dont know if i can put a link of the forum where i found it.
if my answer can help the community i d be glad of it
have a nice day

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts