NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is anyone actually making money?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one goodoboy with 53 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 25 posts (98 thanks)
    3. looks_3 KyronC with 24 posts (61 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Joseph Connors with 19 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 10.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 9.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 3.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 KyronC with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 115,723 views
    2. thumb_up 1,294 thanks given
    3. group 812 followers
    1. forum 398 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

Is anyone actually making money?

Kefkas Laugh
okc, ok

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 63

SMCJB View Post
For over a decade now active management has been destroyed by passive/index investing (excluding fees). I subscribe to the school of thought that the implications of that are bad for the market. We will see.

Chris Cole of Artemis capital (who i consider extremely intelligent) has made this same argument stating that passive etf investing is all fine and good until shtf...which is where active managers really earn their keep.

Im of the opinion that it is a good thing and the more power to earn in the hands of the common individual the better. This "when the market crashes you really need a professional to limit your losses" argument is trash. Just buy and hold and when in doubt, scroll out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

I'm not making the 'you need a pro to manage your money argument'. The point of the stock market is to allocate capital to companies. Good companies should get capital at cheaper rates than bad ones. That no longer happens. High momentum companies get cheap capital. I subscribe to the belief that in the long run that is bad for the markets.

Trend Trader 
Meridian, MS

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MotiveWave
Broker: Stage 5 Trading, TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: NQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 47

KyronC View Post
Thank you, this was exactly the type of reply I was hoping for. It's honest, clear, and constructive.

Thanks again!

I agree with the: you need a mentor to learn to properly trade . I was lucky to bump into a course about twenty years ago. He did not advertise and it was basically a word of mouth course. I truly have not looked for much trading info since. At the time I knew this course was all I needed to trade successfully. Unfortunately he is retired. He was a former CFO, and a very successful trader. The reason he taught an online, a very reasonable for what you learned, course is because he said he felt lonely trading and wanted to interact more with people. Good luck in your trading, and as he would say " you are brave for trying".

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

kevinkdog View Post
If you think they are scalping, and you therefore think you have a chance because you are scalping too, you are sadly mistaken.

You are not playing the same game they are. Or even the same sport. Not even close.

From what I've (not seen), the retail scalper is a unicorn, hanging out with Bigfoot and the Yeti.

I wish you good luck with your scalping though.

Good Morning kevinkdog;

lol, that is funnyyyyyyy. lol hahahah The retail scalper is a unicorn.

lol thanks for the laugh buddy.

goodoboy
Houston

kevinkdog View Post
You, sir, are a dream crusher. LOL

Lol, they got it made in the shade sipping Koolaid

goodoboy
Houston

Trend Trader View Post
I agree with the: you need a mentor to learn to properly trade . I was lucky to bump into a course about twenty years ago. He did not advertise and it was basically a word of mouth course. I truly have not looked for much trading info since. At the time I knew this course was all I needed to trade successfully. Unfortunately he is retired. He was a former CFO, and a very successful trader. The reason he taught an online, a very reasonable for what you learned, course is because he said he felt lonely trading and wanted to interact more with people. Good luck in your trading, and as he would say " you are brave for trying".

Good Morning Trend Trader,

Thank you for sharing your trading experience.

I would agree, a great mentor helps.

I believe in the early days of day trading their was a bit more hands honesty then teaching nowadays. Professional and successful traders actually wanted to give back to serious beginners traders.

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

goodoboy View Post
Good Morning kevinkdog;

lol, that is funnyyyyyyy. lol hahahah The retail scalper is a unicorn.

lol thanks for the laugh buddy.

Not meant to be funny, meant to be truthful.

Lots of people claim to be successful retail scalpers, but I've never met one with proof over a few years of successful trading. Have you?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

kevinkdog View Post
Not meant to be funny, meant to be truthful.

Lots of people claim to be successful retail scalpers, but I've never met one with proof over a few years of successful trading. Have you?

Hello kevinkdog,

See below some proof of scalpers.

I have never in my life met or heard or seen a proven future market manual day trader with a performance track record of +1 month that open to the public for viewing. In addition, I do not think I ever will meet such a person. Perhaps, one day I become the person.

However, I know of one scalper day trader who is proven stock trader with a reliable track record of 2 years and the proof is below.

https://kinfo.com:443/portfolio/17255/performance. This is the best scalper that I know of.

In addition to this trader who is very good. https://kinfo.com:443/portfolio/19094/performance

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

goodoboy View Post
Hello kevinkdog,

See below some proof of scalpers.

I have never in my life met or heard or seen a proven future market manual day trader with a performance track record of +1 month that open to the public for viewing. In addition, I do not think I ever will meet such a person. Perhaps, one day I become the person.

However, I know of one scalper day trader who is proven stock trader with a reliable track record of 2 years and the proof is below.

https://kinfo.com:443/portfolio/17255/performance. This is the best scalper that I know of.

In addition to this trader who is very good. https://kinfo.com:443/portfolio/19094/performance

You live in the same area as that first guy, if I were you I'd be camping outside his house to watch him trade live...assuming all of that performance is real...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

kevinkdog View Post
You live in the same area as that first guy, if I were you I'd be camping outside his house to watch him trade live...assuming all of that performance is real...

Hello Kevindog,

I already contacted him. lol

Last Updated on June 20, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts