NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

All you need

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jeff Castille with 696 posts (740 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 305 posts (117 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheRumpledOne with 184 posts (93 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharky with 71 posts (76 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jeff Castille with 1.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sharky with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TheRumpledOne with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cunparis with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,273,775 views
    2. thumb_up 1,630 thanks given
    3. group 197 followers
    1. forum 2,477 posts
    2. attach_file 535 attachments

Search this Thread

All you need

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Happy Holidays everyone!

My trillion thanks to Jeff's guidance, now I have my AYN ES 4R Chart (1st version). Am unable to locate the TEMA dots indicator from the VIP download area. Fortunately, I've found JeffsDots which may serve the same function.

My understanding:

Go long when all or almost all indicators are blue
Go short when all or almost all indicators are red

Entry:
For long - 1 tick above the top of the prior bar (with Jeff's blue dot)
For short - 1 tick below the bottom of the prior bar (with Jeff's red dot)

Targets:

3-4 ticks for the first contract and 6-8 ticks for the second one. Once the first target is hit, will move the SL for the second contract to 2 ticks below the entry.

Please feel free to correct me if my understanding is wrong. Thank you.

Will sim trade the signals first. Am also working on a Halloween ES chart w d9 indicators. The challenge is I have trouble finding the most updated d9ParticleOsc indicator with the overbought/oversold/very overbought/very oversold lines. Will continue my search.

Wishing you a Healthy & Prosperous 2010!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AYN ES 4R.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	5987   Click image for larger version

Name:	AYN ES 4R Indicators.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	5988  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
OrderFlow-Based Support/Resistance Levels
Emini and Emicro Index
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
31 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
Trading with Intuition
17 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
12 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
9 thanks

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,305

wgreenie View Post
Happy Holidays everyone!

My trillion thanks to Jeff's guidance, now I have my AYN ES 4R Chart (1st version). Am unable to locate the TEMA dots indicator from the VIP download area. Fortunately, I've found JeffsDots which may serve the same function.

My understanding:

Go long when all or almost all indicators are blue
Go short when all or almost all indicators are red

Entry:
For long - 1 tick above the top of the prior bar (with Jeff's blue dot)
For short - 1 tick below the bottom of the prior bar (with Jeff's red dot)

Targets:

3-4 ticks for the first contract and 6-8 ticks for the second one. Once the first target is hit, will move the SL for the second contract to 2 ticks below the entry.

Please feel free to correct me if my understanding is wrong. Thank you.

Will sim trade the signals first. Am also working on a Halloween ES chart w d9 indicators. The challenge is I have trouble finding the most updated d9ParticleOsc indicator with the overbought/oversold/very overbought/very oversold lines. Will continue my search.

Wishing you a Healthy & Prosperous 2010!

Beth

Hi Beth,

The JeffsDot is not the same as the Triple EMA Dot. You can find the Triple EMA Dot in the Elite Circle the thread title is "Triple EMA Indicator" look on page 2 post #11.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Hi Jeff

It's a very nice surprise to receive your response. I thought you are off this week. Thank you .. Thank you .. I've found the TEMA dots indicator with your detailed direction. I do not drive and have been getting lost easily all the time .. haha ..

A quick question please (hope you don't mind): Do I leave "Auto scale" and "Calculate on bar close" to False? Appreciate very much your guidance.

Beth (grateful)

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

another paint bar study, FisherT

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 03-10  12_28_2009 (MedianRenko 4 Ticks).jpg
Views:	532
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	5991  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: FisherT.cs
Elite Membership required to download: fisherT.xml

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

wgreenie View Post
Hi Jeff

It's a very nice surprise to receive your response. I thought you are off this week. Thank you .. Thank you .. I've found the TEMA dots indicator with your detailed direction. I do not drive and have been getting lost easily all the time .. haha ..

A quick question please (hope you don't mind): Do I leave "Auto scale" and "Calculate on bar close" to False? Appreciate very much your guidance.

Beth (grateful)

Hi Beth,

Yes, I am taking it easy this week but.......keeping an eye on things. I can't give you a recommendation on the auto scale.(not because I won't but because I don't have an opinion on that) The calculate on bar close is a two edge sword.....I like it on false because if you wait for the close often the trade is over by then or you will enter late. The downside to this is a false signal that will end up repainting. This is why I like to trade during the times of day when participation is at it's maximum. This will cut down on false signals. After studying your charts with these indicators on them (both live and after the fact) you will know when they will fire and when they have repainted. Just remember these indicators are not magic. If you get a signal long right below resistance there is a high likelyhood that your trade will fail. I hope that you are aquainting yourself with key numbers of support and resistance. This knowledge will prove invalueable.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Thanks Jeff for your prompt response (as always)!

When I went through the All You Need thread, I have written down the best trading hours you stated. Thank You!

Regarding Support and Resistance, I have a formula to tabulate them manually based on High, Low and Close + including a S/R indicator on my charts.

When I studied the Chaos system, I was planning to trade Futures based on Up/Down fractals using 3-minute and 5-minute charts. Quite tricky when the breakouts did not follow through and I was trapped in a trade.

I am glad that my new range charts (All You Need with TEMA dots and d9 with TSSuperTrend) are in good order. Will sim trade both in the coming days .. haha ..

Happy & Successful Trading!

Beth

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

wgreenie View Post
Thanks Jeff for your prompt response (as always)!

When I went through the All You Need thread, I have written down the best trading hours you stated. Thank You!

Regarding Support and Resistance, I have a formula to tabulate them manually based on High, Low and Close + including a S/R indicator on my charts.

When I studied the Chaos system, I was planning to trade Futures based on Up/Down fractals using 3-minute and 5-minute charts. Quite tricky when the breakouts did not follow through and I was trapped in a trade.

I am glad that my new range charts (All You Need with TEMA dots and d9 with TSSuperTrend) are in good order. Will sim trade both in the coming days .. haha ..

Happy & Successful Trading!

Beth

I check in on Daily Notes - Numbers for Day Traders every morning and input the user defined values on my CMIPivotsDailyDash indicator. This has been the only way that I have found to have the "classic" pivots appear on my chart. It would be nice if someone that was a programmer could figure out how to make the classic pivots appear on the chart without having to manually input the user defined values. The only reason I keep going through this process is that I have observed that the market seems to respect the "classic" pivots.

Thanked by:

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

Platform: NT8
Trading: ES 6E ZB YM
Thanks Given: 267
Thanks Received: 60

Hi Beth,

why dont you post the templates you settled up with the valuable help of Jeff ?

Thanks and my best wishes

Alinghy

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

cory View Post
another paint bar study, FisherT

Cory,

This FisherT indicator would NOT allow other paintbar indicator to effectively co-exist with it on the same chart. The paintbar feature of the other indy (e. g. _Zeller_Sharkfin) is suppressed. Try and load the two indicators on a new chart with _Zeller_Sharkfin "Color Bars" option set to True, and observe what happens.

I want to use ONLY panel 2 of the FisherT with a different paintbar indy (e. g. _Zeller_Sharkfin).

Incidentally, the FisherT effectively co-exist with other paintbar indy on NT7Beta.

Please, can you carry out a mod of the FisherT ?

Lolu

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

open fisherT disable bar paint by putting // in front of the bar paint code like this

// BarColor = Color.Red; <--- disable paint bar red

// BarColor = Color.Black; <---- disable paint bar black

then hit f5 to recompile, then go to your chart and hit f5 to reload the chart.

lolu View Post
Cory,

This FisherT indicator would NOT allow other paintbar indicator to effectively co-exist with it on the same chart. The paintbar feature of the other indy (e. g. _Zeller_Sharkfin) is suppressed. Try and load the two indicators on a new chart with _Zeller_Sharkfin "Color Bars" option set to True, and observe what happens.

I want to use ONLY panel 2 of the FisherT with a different paintbar indy (e. g. _Zeller_Sharkfin).

Incidentally, the FisherT effectively co-exist with other paintbar indy on NT7Beta.

Please, can you carry out a mod of the FisherT ?

Lolu

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts