NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need Help: Urgent Broker Problem (Phillip Capital: NT Brokerage, Edge Clear)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 22 posts (61 thanks)
    2. looks_two AvgTraderJoe with 21 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 20 posts (45 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Salao with 17 posts (32 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NT Brokerage with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,211 views
    2. thumb_up 505 thanks given
    3. group 467 followers
    1. forum 309 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Need Help: Urgent Broker Problem (Phillip Capital: NT Brokerage, Edge Clear)

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

ahelton View Post
I can't even get in touch with ninja trader at all. Even the "Emergency" number no one picks up. After all this I'm only trading through LeeLoo. Ninja has proven they can't be trusted with real money

I have posted a few responses to put some light on the nature of the situation as well as the infrequency of this particular failure at Phillip, our FCM partner. This situation has overwhelmed our customer facing teams but rest assured, your money is safe and we are working around the clock to respond to our clients.

Raymond Deux
Founder and Executive Chairman

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Site Sponsor

AvgTraderJoe View Post
I agree on this. NT brokerage emergency desk isn't responsive at all. They are not picking up the phone or replying back to emails.
[/URL]

We are answering phones and responding to emails. We are just over capacity right now. Please be patient, we are working through the queue as well as bringing information inline.

Raymond Deux

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Thanked by:
 AvgTraderJoe 
Chicago IL

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Eminis
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 20

NinjaTrader View Post
We are answering phones and responding to emails. We are just over capacity right now. Please be patient, we are working through the queue as well as bringing information inline.

Raymond Deux

Not in my experience. I tried calling and emailing your order desk and brokerage support and no one responded. I guess they were watching the super bowl instead of taking care of their customers.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Haverchuck 
California

Platform: NT
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 93

Thank you for the updates, NT. I'd just like to add that situations like these are why having a FCM with a portal that displays clearing info in real-time can be very helpful. Please consider encouraging PC or Dorman them to implement this feature at some point in the future. Back when I was with RCG as my FCM, having access to real-time clearing info was very reassuring whenever something unexpected happened.

Site Sponsor

AvgTraderJoe View Post
Not in my experience. I tried calling and emailing your order desk and brokerage support and no one responded. I guess they were watching the super bowl instead of taking care of their customers. Attachment 309001Attachment 309003

The images you posted is what I mean when I say we are at over capacity and no, we we were not watching the superbowl last night.

Thanked by:
 AvgTraderJoe 
Chicago IL

Trading: Eminis
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 20

NinjaTrader View Post
The images you posted is what I mean when I say we are at over capacity and no, we we were not watching the superbowl last night.

The images posted proves that NT Brokerage "emergency" support was not answering phones. PERIOD.

Whatever the underlying reason is secondary. And i'm pretty sure that NT and Phillip Capital is unaware who and how many of their customers are affected by this system meltdown.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,243
Thanks Received: 101,667

AvgTraderJoe View Post
The images posted proves that NT Brokerage "emergency" support was not answering phones. PERIOD.

Whatever the underlying reason is secondary. And i'm pretty sure that NT and Phillip Capital is unaware who and how many of their customers are affected by this system meltdown.

Wow, I definitely feel the frustration and anxiety that you experienced.

@NT Brokerage or @NinjaTrader, is there a customer portal on the FCM side that NT customers can access and view their positions -- outside of the NinjaTrader platform itself -- to see if it is in sync?

I think the underlying message here from NinjaTrader is that regardless of the frustration or the delay, do NOT touch any wrong positions -- they will be fixed and you won't be liable, just have patience. And the other message is that a "mess" that this is, it hasn't happened to this extent in nearly 20+ years, so please give some leeway.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lucama 
London, UK

Experience: Beginner
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 11

Guys I understand frustration but I believe it's the first time that they experience this and the emergency desk is busy helping PC fix your statements.
The rule is simple, don't trade if you don't recognize positions, and this has been told on Friday. I would have appreciated more info Thursday/Friday night, because the emergency desk was already aware of what was going on when I called. (you are with PC aren't you? there was an outage, don't trade)
Friday I panicked, I called NT desk at what I believe was 4am CT and they were very helpful and responsive.
Yesterday I didn't panic, I didn't even tried to call the desk because I knew that everybody was on the line and we were given clear guidelines.
Today, my account, besides my balance, is in order and I was able to trade the overnight session.

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

Big Mike View Post
@NT Brokerage or @NinjaTrader, is there a customer portal on the FCM side that NT customers can access and view their positions -- outside of the NinjaTrader platform itself -- to see if it is in sync?

Mike

Unfortunately not. There is a portal but it does not update position information in real-time and its subject to the same systems that caused the issue thus, its not guaranteed to show accurate information at this moment in time.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,243
Thanks Received: 101,667

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts