NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any long term success stories from funded traders in these get-funded programs?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 106 posts (142 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 37 posts (79 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ValhallaTrader with 19 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 17 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ValhallaTrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 61,219 views
    2. thumb_up 519 thanks given
    3. group 37 followers
    1. forum 267 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread

Any long term success stories from funded traders in these get-funded programs?

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

Yes. That's how I interpreted LeeLoo's rule as well.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

So, believe it or not, I actually signed up for Earn2Trade as I received an email about 50% discounts on their tryouts. I have very low expectations for reasons that probably have been repeated too many times by now, but for $175 I can use it as a practice account with the possibillity of a smaller pay-out eventually. I don't have any illusions about being "funded", but I figure I have a reasonable chance at getting some money out of them.

Main focus will still be my live account.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

Howard Roark View Post
So, believe it or not, I actually signed up for Earn2Trade as I received an email about 50% discounts on their tryouts. I have very low expectations for reasons that probably have been repeated too many times by now, but for $175 I can use it as a practice account with the possibillity of a smaller pay-out eventually. I don't have any illusions about being "funded", but I figure I have a reasonable chance at getting some money out of them.

I thought they had problems with funding partners? I saw a post that the traders who passed the evaluation were not getting their "live" accounts. If I can find the post, I'll give you the link.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post

Read the last couple of posts here:

Posted on September 16th:

"I passed my Gauntlet Mini around August 20th. Still waiting on a Live account to be set up, it has been a while now. I have asked for estimated time line but have not received a clear response to that question. Earn2Trade is mentioning that they are switching FCMs and still trying to finalize details.

I see from posts earlier in this thread (winter / spring 2021) that Earn2Trade was experiencing delays in setting up people with Live accounts but it sounded like for the most part that was resolved after they switched to Advantage Futures to clear trades. Does this mean that relationship with Advantage didn't work out and a new FCM is now needed?

Has anyone else who has passed the Gauntlet Mini lately experienced these delay issues? Perhaps Earn2Trade if they are monitoring could comment and provide more clarity - a ballpark estimate of when the new FCM will be up and running - and if possible, the reasons why FCMs are getting switched again?

Thank you."

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

MR79 View Post
Good morning,

maybe Leeloo or Apex can be a solution for this problem.
Both have no daily drawdown if you are in the Performance account. The trailing stops after it’s past the “threshold”. Then you are able to work with your own parameters.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

I read through the Leeloo website. Their withdrawal policy is ridiculous. They work with your money for a month before you can withdraw. In other words, if you're profitable, you're funding other traders.
Their rules are more than a little confusing as well. I wouldn't trust them.

Never heard of Apex. Will look them up.

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

phantomtrader View Post
Read the last couple of posts here:

Posted on September 16th:

"I passed my Gauntlet Mini around August 20th. Still waiting on a Live account to be set up, it has been a while now. I have asked for estimated time line but have not received a clear response to that question. Earn2Trade is mentioning that they are switching FCMs and still trying to finalize details.

I see from posts earlier in this thread (winter / spring 2021) that Earn2Trade was experiencing delays in setting up people with Live accounts but it sounded like for the most part that was resolved after they switched to Advantage Futures to clear trades. Does this mean that relationship with Advantage didn't work out and a new FCM is now needed?

Has anyone else who has passed the Gauntlet Mini lately experienced these delay issues? Perhaps Earn2Trade if they are monitoring could comment and provide more clarity - a ballpark estimate of when the new FCM will be up and running - and if possible, the reasons why FCMs are getting switched again?

Thank you."

Yikes. Seems like the problem was resolved, though?

phantomtrader View Post
I read through the Leeloo website. Their withdrawal policy is ridiculous. They work with your money for a month before you can withdraw. In other words, if you're profitable, you're funding other traders.

Since you mentioned looking up others, you could consider looking up T3, too. They provide funding for traders, but I believe they also require you deposit your own money. I know that's been common with serious prop firms, but it stopped me from moving further at that point in time. It's something I may consider later on if I see a reason for doing it.

They have a different business model than the 'get-funded' companies discussed here, so it's possible they actually want to fund you long term if you prove yourself.

With futures I'm already fairly leveraged, so I'm not sure if there would be a benefit to be trading through a prop firm if I have to deposit my own money. Equities would be different.

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

They seem to offer full funding if you have a track record or a 'first loss capital'.

They seem to be a bit more serious/professional than these other companies, but I wouldn't know for sure.

https://www.t3trading.com/

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post
Yikes. Seems like the problem was resolved, though?

Since you mentioned looking up others, you could consider looking up T3, too. They provide funding for traders, but I believe they also require you deposit your own money. I know that's been common with serious prop firms, but it stopped me from moving further at that point in time. It's something I may consider later on if I see a reason for doing it.

They have a different business model than the 'get-funded' companies discussed here, so it's possible they actually want to fund you long term if you prove yourself.

With futures I'm already fairly leveraged, so I'm not sure if there would be a benefit to be trading through a prop firm if I have to deposit my own money. Equities would be different.

Well, my original intent was to see if I could scale up to 15 contracts and let them worry about the margin requirements. Turned out it isn't possible.

I've seen the T3 website. I know they require a deposit but how much they're willing to fund isn't clear.
Also, they don't list their rules for funded accounts. That means you need to ask a lot of questions before trading with them.

Transparency isn't a big attribute of any of these companies.

Not sure if Earn2Trade has resolved their problems. Probably should ask them.

Thanked by:

ValhallaTrader 
Hamburg Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart,
Broker: AMP, EdgeClear
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 238
Thanks Received: 123

phantomtrader View Post

It’s possible to see this from this side, personally It’s not an issue for me. In Germany it’s normal to become your paycheque on a monthly basis. Coming from this, it’s not a problem at all.

"My only task as a trader is to protect my capital (risk management), the market will take care of the profits."
Thanked by:

ValhallaTrader 
Hamburg Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart,
Broker: AMP, EdgeClear
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 238
Thanks Received: 123

SBtrader82 View Post
I think Leelo system is not viable, it is clearly designed so that a trader will break the rules no matter what.
The trailing drawdown is computed intraday on the open profits. So you must always remember what your open equity peak was.

Trading is hard enough without having to remember this.
Most of other companies, for instance Earn2trade or topstep remove the trailing drawdown once it reaches a certain level plus they don't compute intraday and they don't compute it using open profits.

When I see leelo's condition I wonder if they have ever traded a single day in their life and if they could pass the evaluation.

For the trailing drawdown in the evaluation you are right to keep this in your mind.
My personal key was to keep you losses small 5-12tick and take the TP, don’t let the market come back to you.

But after passing the evaluation the trailing stops once it reaches the “account size” + 100$, after that you are free and have to apply your own money management system.

"My only task as a trader is to protect my capital (risk management), the market will take care of the profits."
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 8, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts