NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any long term success stories from funded traders in these get-funded programs?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 106 posts (142 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 37 posts (79 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ValhallaTrader with 19 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 17 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ValhallaTrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 61,132 views
    2. thumb_up 519 thanks given
    3. group 37 followers
    1. forum 267 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread

Any long term success stories from funded traders in these get-funded programs?

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

Good comment, MarketMage.

So, any news here since last time I checked in? Did anyone cash out?

@MR79 was with LeeLoo and @phantomtrader with OneUp, I think.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

Howard Roark View Post
Good comment, MarketMage.

So, any news here since last time I checked in? Did anyone cash out?

@MR79 was with LeeLoo and @phantomtrader with OneUp, I think.

Hello again. Yes, I did cash out of OneUp. No problem with them. But since then I've been studying and comparing the funding companies. Here's what I found: LeeLoo has the best opportunity even with their lousy withdrawal policy. Here's why: The trailing
drawdown goes away when you pass the evaluation. That means you can increase your size without a fixed drawdown. It's that trailing drawdown that's the killer with all these programs. For instance, if you have a fixed $4,000 drawdown, whether it's intraday or end of day, that severely limits the size you can trade. Essentially, everything over the $5,000 threshold which is required in the $150,000 account (they all do this), is your money. At the fifth month, you can take out whatever profit you've accumulated over that threshold.

"How does the max drawdown operate in a Performance Account?
As stated. During the Evaluation Account phase, the trailing drawdown NEVER stops trailing during the entire test. This is not true of the two Performance Account options.
The Investor - the trailing drawdown works the same way as the Evaluation HOWEVER it stops trailing at Initial Balance plus $100. It will no longer trail or ever move from Initial Balance plus $100 again. Example. A 12 contract / $100,000 Investor Performance account has a trailing drawdown of $3000. When the open equity of the account ever reaches $103,100.. the trailing drawdown will stop at $100,100 and never rise again."

They had a special last week - $136 for a $150,000 account. I bought it. I've traded 5 days so far and am up $157,200. Next Friday will be 10 days. Then starts the miserable withdrawal period. The first withdrawal can't be made until you've traded 30 days. After that, it's every calendar month until the fourth month. Anyway, I'm going to see how it goes. The average in my own account is about $5,000 per week after commissions and fees. I'll see if I can double or triple that trading bigger size with them.

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

phantomtrader View Post
Hello again. Yes, I did cash out of OneUp. No problem with them. But since then I've been studying and comparing the funding companies. Here's what I found: LeeLoo has the best opportunity even with their lousy withdrawal policy. Here's why: The trailing
drawdown goes away when you pass the evaluation. That means you can increase your size without a fixed drawdown. It's that trailing drawdown that's the killer with all these programs. For instance, if you have a fixed $4,000 drawdown, whether it's intraday or end of day, that severely limits the size you can trade. Essentially, everything over the $5,000 threshold which is required in the $150,000 account (they all do this), is your money. At the fifth month, you can take out whatever profit you've accumulated over that threshold.

"How does the max drawdown operate in a Performance Account?
As stated. During the Evaluation Account phase, the trailing drawdown NEVER stops trailing during the entire test. This is not true of the two Performance Account options.
The Investor - the trailing drawdown works the same way as the Evaluation HOWEVER it stops trailing at Initial Balance plus $100. It will no longer trail or ever move from Initial Balance plus $100 again. Example. A 12 contract / $100,000 Investor Performance account has a trailing drawdown of $3000. When the open equity of the account ever reaches $103,100.. the trailing drawdown will stop at $100,100 and never rise again."

They had a special last week - $136 for a $150,000 account. I bought it. I've traded 5 days so far and am up $157,200. Next Friday will be 10 days. Then starts the miserable withdrawal period. The first withdrawal can't be made until you've traded 30 days. After that, it's every calendar month until the fourth month. Anyway, I'm going to see how it goes. The average in my own account is about $5,000 per week after commissions and fees. I'll see if I can double or triple that trading bigger size with them.

Hi there,

That's great news. Great job on your personal account as well.

So, did you quit with OneUp or what happened?

Personally, I'd say the payout structure with LeeLoo is a dealbreaker, but that's me personally. Imagine investing all that work, racking up profits and then the firm declares bankruptcy or come up with some explanation of why you violated a rule or why they can't pay you. I spoke to Apex personally and I did not get a good vibe to be honest. Their website clearly spells out that you're trading on a simulator, but also that LeeLoo can mirror the trades in a master account.

Did you check out Earn2Trade? Here's what I was told in support:

Quoting 
"The Drawdown stops growing when the minimum account balance reaches the starting account balance, on EOD (live sim) or Trailing Drawdown (live account). About the daily loss, In the Live account only, Daily loss limits are permanently removed after your Trailing Drawdown amount reaches the account's starting balance as well."

As far as I know, E2T does not have any restrictions on payouts either and you're actually trading live, i.e., they actually have money to pay you.

Best regards,

Howard

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

The above could seem a bit confusing as I mentioned LeeLoo and Apex simultaneously, but I did so because they have the exact same business model. It seems like they may even be run by the same people.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post
Hi there,

That's great news. Great job on your personal account as well.

So, did you quit with OneUp or what happened?

Personally, I'd say the payout structure with LeeLoo is a dealbreaker, but that's me personally. Imagine investing all that work, racking up profits and then the firm declares bankruptcy or come up with some explanation of why you violated a rule or why they can't pay you. I spoke to Apex personally and I did not get a good vibe to be honest. Their website clearly spells out that you're trading on a simulator, but also that LeeLoo can mirror the trades in a master account.

Did you check out Earn2Trade? Here's what I was told in support:

As far as I know, E2T does not have any restrictions on payouts either and you're actually trading live, i.e., they actually have money to pay you.

Best regards,

Howard

I just cashed out my profits with OneUp - no problem with them. E2T has a fixed trailing drawdown EOD. I think you really have to sit down and do a spreadsheet to see why that trailing drawdown is a killer. You need to do the calculus - take your last 90 days of trading (assuming you're using the same strategy), calculate the impact of your stop for each lot traded and then start adding lots with the FIXED drawdown. You'll see very rapidly, that there's a limit as to how many lots you can trade. You will hit the wall at "x" number of lots because the trailing drawdown doesn't scale with absolute value of your stops. I found that out with OneUp. As I scaled up, I could see that I was going to hit the wall and be cancelled. It was inevitable.
So that's why I think LeeLoo offers the best opportunity to build up. If your statistics remain relatively consistent, you'll be able to scale up to the max lots. The withdrawals are lousy, but not a deal breaker IMO. Once you bite the bullet at the fourth month, you should be home free.

[B]"Your minimum allowable account balance limit will be moved up from $99,375 to $100,100. Everything else remains the same, including your profit which remains intact.
Your max loss minimum account balance limit of $100,100 will never change or increase regardless of the amount of realized or unrealized profit earned.
Example.. you grow the account to $165,000.. you would need to lose $64,900 in profit before the $100,100 minimum account balance is met and the account forfeited. (There is no trailing drawdown)"

[As far as I'm concerned, the only value of these funded accounts is to be able to grow to the maximum level. Otherwise, you may as well just trade your own account. For my personal account, I calculate 3x margin per lot. So for 15 lots, I would need a minimum of $45,000 in the account. With LeeLoo, the $5,000 threshold is all that's at risk.

I really recommend that you do a spreadsheet of your trading. Pay particular attention to your stops/exits. Average them out, then scale up the number of lots, increase your stops/exits proportionately and see where you hit the wall with the trailing drawdown.
/B]

Tried to unbold last two paragraphs - doesn't work - so that's my text, not theirs.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post
The above could seem a bit confusing as I mentioned LeeLoo and Apex simultaneously, but I did so because they have the exact same business model. It seems like they may even be run by the same people.

You know that's strange about the trialing drawdown with E2T because I checked on their chat this morning - as far as I can see, that trailing drawdown stays in place. But I may be wrong.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post

Here's a snapshot of their policy which I outlined in red:

It looks like there's either an EOD drawdown or a trailing drawdown for live accounts. Did I miss something?

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

phantomtrader View Post
You know that's strange about the trialing drawdown with E2T because I checked on their chat this morning - as far as I can see, that trailing drawdown stays in place. But I may be wrong.

I fully agree that the trailing drawdown is a dealbreaker for long term success, but the quote I shared with you was just given to me today in chat as I couldn't find it written on their web page (although I think it's there some place).

I talked with them once more to make sure I got it right. Please double-check with them to make sure what I say is correct.

1. The trailing drawdown trails on unrealized profits for the amount of the trailing drawdown, but then stops trailing higher. In effect, this means that once a 150K account hits 154 500 - it stops trailing higher. Your new loss level now is 150K. No matter how high your account goes, you won't lose unless you hit 150K.

2. Once you hit 154 500 - you can request the prop firm to remove the daily loss limit.

As I understand this it should be very much possible to scale up the number of contracts as soon as you have built a cushion. The maximum is 15 contracts, though. If you can increase that more in the future, I don't know?

What is a Trailing [AUTOLINK]Drawdown[/AUTOLINK]? | Earn2Trade Help Center

As for the snapshot you provided it shows the difference between LiveSim and Live where it's up to you what you choose. My hunch is they prefer LiveSim since it's easy to set up and requires less paperwork and they figure the average trader will blow up before taking out money. Note that once you have $5K of profits you're automatically transferred to a Live account. So, if the trailing drawdown worries you, then you can just start with the LiveSim and transfer your $5K of profits to the live account.

What is the LiveSim? | Earn2Trade Help Center

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Howard Roark View Post
I fully agree that the trailing drawdown is a dealbreaker for long term success, but the quote I shared with you was just given to me today in chat as I couldn't find it written on their web page (although I think it's there some place).

I talked with them once more to make sure I got it right. Please double-check with them to make sure what I say is correct.

1. The trailing drawdown trails on unrealized profits for the amount of the trailing drawdown, but then stops trailing higher. In effect, this means that once a 150K account hits 154 500 - it stops trailing higher. Your new loss level now is 150K. No matter how high your account goes, you won't lose unless you hit 150K.

2. Once you hit 154 500 - you can request the prop firm to remove the daily loss limit.

As I understand this it should be very much possible to scale up the number of contracts as soon as you have built a cushion. The maximum is 15 contracts, though. If you can increase that more in the future, I don't know?

What is a Trailing [AUTOLINK]Drawdown[/AUTOLINK]? | Earn2Trade Help Center

As for the snapshot you provided it shows the difference between LiveSim and Live where it's up to you what you choose. My hunch is they prefer LiveSim since it's easy to set up and requires less paperwork and they figure the average trader will blow up before taking out money. Note that once you have $5K of profits you're automatically transferred to a Live account. So, if the trailing drawdown worries you, then you can just start with the LiveSim and transfer your $5K of profits to the live account.

What is the LiveSim? | Earn2Trade Help Center

Thanks. It's a little convoluted, but I get the gist of it.

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

phantomtrader View Post
Thanks. It's a little convoluted, but I get the gist of it.

Good. And you're welcome.

So, in light of that. Do you feel different about E2T?

Last Updated on January 8, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts